PDN 0.79% $11.43 paladin energy ltd

Is it the usual play or something more sinister?.Last week I...

1. 4,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3775
    Is it the usual play or something more sinister?
    Last week I wrote that we are coming closer towards the pointy end of making a bottom towards the end of July. We still have few days to go. I have been talking about this low since mid-may, saying we will top end of May and bottom end of July. But that was based on "normal" play. What I mean by normal is that general markets, even if they are not increasing, they are not in big drop mode. In my weekly report last weekend, I wrote that general markets are easing, may get into correction - drop of 10+%. The good play would be pullback - 2/5% drop. As of yesterday, SP 500 has nearly dropped 5% from its high. So we are at a crucial juncture. If we drop more in general markets, I feel the July end bottom we may have to wait. Markets to stabilise before we feel we have bottomed.
    In mid-May when I wrote what the bottom would look like, initially I wrote that a 30/40% from its high. Few weeks back I revised that saying the drop could be closer towards 50% for some stocks. PDN has come down from 1798 to 1116 today, very close to 40% - so in track with what I was thinking. Why such a big drop? U sector is volatile and these rises and falls are not unusual. For long termers, I feel macro is still good. But I follow price action, trading patterns, so my play is slightly different. Its individual risk/reward, there is no right or wrong.

One other thing I have been writing is that CCJ will drop to 45 - saying that over 2 months. Yesterday it reached 43.57. Yesterday it closed at 44.58. It needs to hold here, otherwise, 39/40 for CCJ is in play. It will drag down most U stocks with it. So lets hope it holds.
    PDN has reached a drop close to 40% today. So its a significant drop. PDN strongly from Feb, but has given away most of the gains from that time. Many looking for second innings. Is 1116 bottom of this phase?. Hopefully we are getting closer towards bottom, maybe next week, but general markets have to behave. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.43
Change
0.090(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $3.417B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.35 $11.58 $11.16 $24.03M 2.107M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 164 $11.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.45 6746 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.