PDN 2.53% $11.74 paladin energy ltd

THE SQUEEZE IS ON, page-2991

1. 4,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 780

Correction or addition to prior post on Five approvals in China. It is for an additional 11 nuclear reactors at five sites

I do have a note about how much U308 - to Fuel is required for the initial load out of each reactor. A lot more than the normal usage over the life of 50-100 years for the reactors!

Also see CNNC digging in "project in Ordos, North China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China’s largest so far, started on Friday"

China will need that a every bit from our JV and a LOT more on top of that.

Construction begins on China's largest uranium mining project : Uranium & Fuel - World Nuclear News (world-nuclear-news.org)China currently has 56 operable reactors providing capacity of 54.36 GWe. There are a further 27 reactors under construction which will provide a further 29 GWe of capacity and there are dozens more at the planning or proposed stage. According to World Nuclear Association's information paper on China's nuclear fuel cycle, China aims to produce one-third of its uranium domestically, obtain one-third through foreign equity in mines and joint ventures in other countries and to purchase one-third on the open market.

We all know about the JV and deals with China, kazaprom uranium and Kazakhstan. The huge repository storage being built at Alashankou.

"As CNNC presses ahead with the establishment of a bonded uranium warehouse at Alashankou to rival Western uranium trading hubs,54" To Secure Kazakhstan’s Uranium, Chinese Players Were Compelled to Accommodate Local Partners - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

More uranium demand is decades away from being supplied. The several SMR due in 2030 or a bit before will be the straw that sees the u308 price break from $20lbs just a few years ago to well over $200 or even higher, I think. Still in my happy place- The Big Squeeze

KAP report by the end of the week will be worth watching
    Last edited by NavyDiver: 21/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.