PDN 0.40% $10.06 paladin energy ltd

Good call NayDiver, it took only 18 hours.Today (St Pat'sDay)...

1. 1,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2043
    Good call NayDiver, it took only 18 hours.

Today (St Pat'sDay) saw a bit of a bump in the PDN SP from 58c to 62c.

Some may call it a dead cat bounce, others may call it a bottom forming marker.

As an 18 year holder, experiencing every high and low that any investor could ever have, it is just another day. I believe there are plenty here who have had a pretty similar run while for newbies, it may not be so good.

If I am around in 3 or 4 year's time, I think the price will be a multiple of 62c, and like every other time, I would have repatriated 200% of my capital, and let the profits run. Then again, we could get shafted again by a SOE and the whole thing goes to hell.

That is the nature of speculative investing. There are no guaranteed cash flows, no history of profits or series dividends to ease any pain or pin one's hat to.

I don't get too excited any more about days or months, it is the years that create real money.

Investors cop a lot of flak from the naysayers for being high conviction holders of any low income/no income commodity stock, when the price is heading south. Darlings of only months ago in copper, cobalt, lithium, REE and graphite, even biotechs have become dogs. And aren't those "not held" "sell" sentiment posters relishing their time in the sun, at the expense of those who put their money where their mouth is.

I have no idea how the U3O8 industry will fare in tomorrow's de-carbonised world. If facts meant anything, the world should be kicking itself for letting nuclear technology and development stagnate for 50 years, while we burned everything in sight to generate electricity, that we now hate, becuase cost turned out to be far higher than any Greenpeace card holder could possibly have imagined. The do-gooders can only imagine the world today the last 50 years energy was generated by greener, safer, cleaner and climate friendly nuclear power, complemented by all the renewables that could work for the geographically favoured places where it always makes sense.

Nup. U3O8 was demonised and remains so. Nothing is likely to change that. The narrative is set in stone, and today's woke mob, rarely let facts get in the way of their story.

I think what keeps me keen on nuclear energy is that development has recommenced. More than that, energy users are beginning to see the dopey "transition plan" espoused around the world may suit elites, but will send them broke at the same time as the lights go out.

Nothing generates and accomodates change better than basic necessity. Japan has seen its energy future, and done a 180 degree turn. Of course China, Russia, India and France (maybe) always saw nuclear as part of their climate battle future.

There is the hook. I expect our German friends, Eastern European, UK and others will jump on board, again. The supply deficit of the last few years will then drive a price spike, in a very big hurry and PDN will be there to meet that unmet need.

Of course I am going to hold PDN until the day I die.

Even if my investment thesis does not play out to plan, de-carbonisation will demand a very high price and poor return based exclusively on so called "renewables". Renewables that rely on mountains of enviro unfriendly copper, cobalt, lithium, graphite and REE all apparently to be sourced ex-China! Good luck with that I say to all politicians that try to take the mob to that place.

GLTASH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.