SLX 5.57% $4.93 silex systems limited

Hey mate,I actually asked a similar question not too long ago....

1. 154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Hey mate,

I actually asked a similar question not too long ago. The TWR is claiming to be able to eventually eliminate the need for enrichment facilities and reprocessing plants, a significant part of the current fuel cycle (and obviously where Silex play).

Therefore, Silex would not reap any reward from the TWR technology as TerraPower currently showcase it from my understanding. The thing is, like Moosey replied to me at the time, is that the TWR is still in its infancy and as I understand things in the nuclear tech space tend to move very very slowly. TerraPower markets the TWR as predominantly a waste solution, but really it just pushes the problem down the road. I think the following excerpt from the below article, posted by another contributor zog, sums it up very well:

"Postponement of reprocessing or waste disposal is not an obvious advantage, and brings with it eventually a significant extra waste-management effort. The TWR seems to have no significant capability that is not shared by the IFR (Integral Fast Reactor), and it has a number of inherent disadvantages. Moreover the IFR is almost ready for prime time now, whereas the TWR development is about where the IFR was in 1980."

Here is the link for your reference: https://energycentral.com/c/ec/terrapower’s-travelling-wave-reactor-–-why-not-use-ifr

Basically, the tech isn't quite there yet and the SILEX process provides a solution now (or at least very close to that stage). Ultimately, I don't see the need for reprocessing to go away anytime soon. If TerraPower come through and exceed all expectations, they are not a be-all and end-all solution to the waste problem as it currently stands, not even close to it. There is also a new generation of reactors (that aren't a TWR or "breed and burn" reactor), which will require highly enriched fuel, known as HALEU (high-assay low-enriched uranium), something which Silex seems extremely well suited for.

Please take the above with a grain of salt, moosey and zog along with a few others on here are a much more reliable source. Anyway, I thought I would give it a crack, hopefully that helps answer your question.
    Last edited by SLewis: 24/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.93
Change
0.260(5.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.167B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.73 $4.95 $4.72 $2.097M 434.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4184 $4.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.94 405 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.93
  Change
0.260 ( 5.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.74 $4.94 $4.72 60945
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.