OAK 0.00% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

Depending on what happens with the price today, you would have...

1. 3,606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Depending on what happens with the price today, you would have to start asking yourself is the company really only worth a $42,500,000 market cap down at 2.5c a share? Yes that's what the capital raise went through as, but surely the old December highs back when RYG was heavily overbought in the 6c range is closer to current fair value.

I think right now is one of the last times if not the last time to get long exposure on XPE this cheaply either for trading or investing for the future. So if you decide to go long XPED, what are your reasons, do you have an entrance and exit plan? Are you buying 500,000 units at 3.0 and selling half at 6.0 and carrying 250,000 units for the long term de-risked.

That's a plan, having some idea of what price you are buying at, where are you selling at, what's the downside, how far can it fall? IMO it can go as low as 2.5 again, I don't think it should because it's heavily over-sold on a technical basis. But it's a possibility, so again IMO and again I'm a nobody.

Maybe with the same plan you look at buying 250,000 units of XPE at 3.0 today, you then reserve some of your funds, XPE drops down to 2.5 and you buy your additional 250,000 units for 2.5. You've saved yourself an emotional stress, lowered your average and paid a little bit more brokerage. Alternatively the price doesn't drop, you wait and the price re-tests 3.3 solidly. You purchase your next 250,000 units at 3.3, this has cost you money, you could have had the whole position for 3.0 but you have done the right thing, you stuck to your trading/investment plan and significantly de-risked your position had the downside occurred.

Quite often doing the right thing can cost you money, you need to separate the loss of money and your ego/any emotional attachment. You can't possibly be  right 100% of the time, you will take losses at some point. How you manage your risk, if you stick to a trading plan and how you handle that loss emotionally is what determines how much.

People in general and on this overall forum subsequently (Hotcopper) seem to never want to look at the downside. They don't like hearing a negative comment about their purchase, they don't want their purchase to be in-validated. If I see a negative comment I may not agree with it, but I do look at it and weigh it up rather then immediately dismiss it as "downramping".

You shouldn't be holding a position if you cannot objectively look at both the up-side and down-side, you either emotionally have too much attachment too it, financially you are too heavily invested in it or your ego cannot take being wrong. Which IMO is bad investing and would make trading nearly impossible for you. As soon as I'm out of a trade for either better or worse, once it's cut, it's gone and I don't think about it.

If I'm looking for re-entry obviously I would continue to look at the security, but the actual gain/loss isn't a consideration. I track daily if I've made or lost money on trades, if my portfolio is up or down but I don't correlate them to a specific security, or most importantly my own self worth.

I might add more later, specifically some of the downsides of XPE, but for now I have to get some stuff done. Let's see what the day brings for us here at XPED.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11491 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.