I actually know one union friend in the teaching game who says...

1. 17,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    I actually know one union friend in the teaching game who says its not the same.

I agree the role of the teacher/interaction is important, however I am not against individual tuition particularly for exclusive material not involving the masses determined by the market.

The problem with all unions for me is they depower individual rights and enhance the power of the collective with some protective managers supporting the empire framework particularly in protected industries.

The individual worker can't be creative and progress as the big structures are anchored to the standard which tends to be the lowest denominator for political reasons.

I was just taking to a guy who was shafted and sacked. He said to the boss you can't sack me for that, who replied, I can do what I want and laughed when the worker said see you in court. It was a blue collar job and the employee ended up settling for $10000 compo for improper dismissal etc.. so the unions aren't needed for everything!!!

I just think with the unions and the big companies there is an agenda to suppress the individual worker from progressing. A dependant workforce is encouraged which is uncompetitive.

This doesn't affect the miners as much because the nature of the business is the resource in the ground I think which is why they remain strong and will continue to be strong going forward!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.