TLG 0.00% 68.0¢ talga group ltd

The Talga HC Bar, page-774

1. 846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    Hi Semmel! I get one... no two Kölsch please.
    It's carnival here. We somehow comes to terms with the conflict. Some demonstrate for peace and there were very many and others sway for love not war. Carnival is not really a contradiction. As always, the current issues are harshly criticised. The dove of peace was impaled with a Russian flag, for example. It's not just about making party, but also about living out culture. Which brings me to my topic for today and which is why I came by and now want to give a loong monologue. So first I treat myself to a deep gulp - alaaf! - and take a deep breath...

I think this is a topic that fits better at the bar.
    There is some interpretation in it and it is emotionally charged. It's about our dear neighbours the Sami. I wanted to know more and took a closer look at their maps of the area. Here it was misleadingly and incorrectly written about two villages, about a downramper. These are territories. One contains the mine and the southern one is only touched or crossed via the road that already exists. So when it comes to legitimate interests, it's about the northern one. I have looked at all maps.

The most important thing is that we cross their area of national interest only to the south on the road that is already open to traffic. We do not reach the transit area itself with the southern part of the mine. Their national interest cannot conflict with ours because we only cross it on the road itself. And these areas often cross the much larger main road. I suppose it's because they have the right to drive(?) their animals there and that it has to be protected, as is our right, we are also classified that way. So I don't see any conflict here because of a 5m wide road that we can both pass. Then animals have the right of way. There is no fence in the way to block the passage as they fear in Kallok.

But also interesting is the fact that we are so far east in their territory that we are beyond a border called "Odlingsgränsen". This is not easy to understand. To avoid conflicts between the state and the Sami, this border was introduced around 1900. The Sami do not own the land, they are users ~in front of the Crown. This border runs through all the Sami areas and is important for the rules of reindeer conservation. The rules are different above and below or west and east or Mountain area and Lappland. At the mine, i.e. below the border, they are only allowed to graze seasonally in defined areas. If I understand it correctly, they have a legitimate interest, but it's mitigated because we're not north of the border where the rules differs and the other mines of, for example, LKAB are located. If you look closely, you can see how far east we are and already beyond the border. Below the rules are not so strict, for example with regard to fishing or leasing. Here, reindeer conservation does not need to be taken into account in some cases. Apparently, an adjustment has not yet taken place. Anyway, I feel we are on the right side of the border. And I am not a lawyer.

There is a reindeer hut to the north, but we don't touch it either. There is a kind of wellbeing area (?) on which the mine is located. But I can imagine that you can also feel comfortable a few hundred metres further on. These areas cut quite roughly across roads as well. And the area that concerns us is a very small one and second last at the tapered end of the territory. The mine is designed to be small and compact, because it's the world's best resource.) So we don't miss a passage and we are at the very end of the area. There is not much to pass or go through, next there is only Vittangi. I think we will agree on where the fence is.

As Talga himself notes, they will mine as much in a year as Aitik does in a single day. Take a look at the size comparisons. And all against the background that this land outside the border is only used seasonally. We have already agreed to rest in winter. So I don't think it's that dramatic and I'm sure we'll come to an agreement.
    One of our downrampers once tried an ancient law from 1965 which has not been ratified between the Crown and the Sami. But that is not my point. A very important argument of the Sami is that they want to be financially involved in the use of the land and that the fees are virtually non-existent. So we would have to pay almost nothing, but we do it on a proactive basis. That is a very clear show of hands. By the way, I have checked everything with the DFS and the Golder Report. I don't want to say that this conflict of interest doesn't exist, but I now have an explanation why you read so little about us.
    We just have to see our neighbours as friends and partners and not as opponents. But I guess the Swedish team is already doing it that way and our consultant has very long experience. I think with understanding, compensation and respect, the BBQ can definitely happen. I wonder how reindeer tastes?

So, now I have to catch my breath smile.png Prost!
    If you would like to have a look at it, start here https://www.sametinget.se/underlag then look for the appropriate area, go to the sub-maps on the next page and look for our site. But I warn you, if you're not a bit practised, you'll search in vain. So this is all just my view and interpretation.
    My focus remains on groundwater and this is confirmed by our environmental engineer, will not be affected!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
68.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $258.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
68.0¢ 68.0¢ 66.0¢ $176.3K 261.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 16060 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.0¢ 98558 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
67.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
68.0¢ 68.5¢ 66.0¢ 51864
Last updated 15.43pm 16/05/2024 ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.