the tenets of christianity

1. Yak
    13,672 Posts.
    Much gets said on H/C re the Jews history their links etc and how sus they may be

Well what about good ol christianity??

Most people base their beliefs on the gospels

Welllllll.....would you believe that they were written some 70 - 100 years!!!! ...... AFTER the life of Christ!!!!

Word of mouth stuff till then.....

Maybe his feat of "walking on water" may have been a tad overdone!?!?!?!

Imagine a tale passed down person to person for up to a hundred years??

What resemblance to fact would there be??? SweetFA!!!

Ever played that game of passing whispered messasges - the end is at times unrecognisables and so far from the original!!

You decide.

Conclusion

In making my arguments for dating the Four Gospels c. 70-100 CE, I have attempted to rely on no single line of argument. Rather, several pieces of relevant data have been noted to confirm each other - one might call this 'converging lines of evidence'. This convinces me that the broad strokes of the timeframe offered here is accurate, although we cannot give precise dates. I have no interest in quibbling over whether this or that may have been written a few years earlier or later: I have written in refutation of the claim sometimes made by extreme conservatives or liberals that most of the Four Gospels were written well before 70 CE or into the second century. My modest conclusion is that of most scholars: Mark was written c. 70 CE, Matthew and Luke in the 80s, and John in the 90s.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kirby/xtianity/dating.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.