Fludy,The case for the accuracy and authenticity of the NT is...

1. 1,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Fludy,

The case for the accuracy and authenticity of the NT is overwhelming. Whether the "atheists" have the intellectual capacity to wade through the evidence is a open question (Atheism: the non thinking man's religion).

The most appropriate response I can think of is found in the following injunction of Jesus when his disciples were faced with the "athiests" of their day:

"Don't cast pearls before swine else they will trample them under their feet".

or to put it in William Cowper's words:

Blind unbelief is sure to err
    And scan his work in vain
    God is his own interpreter
    And he will make it plain

ps. Ridge I have a bit of a problem in believing in fairies,however if you would be kind enough to give me an atheists prospectus, such as what do I get out of it, viz capital appreciation, dividends etc,etc. ie. whats in it for me? Perhaps you can also give me a run down on the retirement plan. As I understand it the other crowd offers what can only be described as 'out of this world' benefits. Who knows, if your crowd's offer is attractive enough I probably could also come to believe in fairies.

Got to see a customer (whoops client) today so may miss some of the HC "fun".

Regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.