MSB 1.01% 98.0¢ mesoblast limited

The Texas 810 Bill

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    @col69 and @vinn:

In response to your concern that US States cannot contradict or override Federal laws, rest assured.
    One of the links in my post from yesterday mentioned the "Right To Try" Act, which does exactly that.
    Right To Try allows terminally ill Americans to try medicines that have passed Phase 1 of the FDA approval process and remain in clinical trials but are not yet on pharmacy shelves.

34 US States have already enacted this in "defiance of the FDA" and more states are looking to enact them.

Texas Representative Tan Parker, who introduced HB810 is fashioned on the basis of the Right To Try Act and proposes to expand it for treatment of not just terminally ill but also for chronically ill to use stem cell treatments, as I posted yesterday. So the precedence is there.

Right To Try is only one example of states "going their way" against Federal laws, in the interest of their own state citizenry.
    Take Euthanasia, medical marijuana, recreational marijuana, gun laws, identification laws for driver's licenses.....the list goes on. The 10th Amendment of our Constitution states, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

So, yes, it is very much possible and in existence to have states enact laws that over-ride federal laws.
    Texas is an influential state with a huge population and a strong ally of Trump. So I would not take this HB810 lightly at all.

And if it does become an Act, I fully expect quite a few other states to follow suit, much like what happened with the Right To Try Act.
    And guess which company Texans will look at for therapies?
    When we talk of chronic conditions that debilitate a person's life, Mesoblast's CHF, CLBP, RA and Diabetic Nephropathy treatments which have all passed Phase 1 and/or Phase 2 and more importantly showed safety would be the best stem cell treatments available on the planet for Texans.
    The fact that Mesoblast's GvHD is already approved in Japan, the FDA approval to fast track it in the US, the recent FDA approval of the HLHS trial at Boston Children's Hospital will all come into play.
    Also, the fact that most, if not all, clinical trials for the above have taken place in the US lends more credibility for Texans to try Mesoblast's treatments.

So this whole thing seems like a race between Texas and the FDA. And that's a good thing!

Here are some links you might find of interest:
    https://www.cellmedicine.com/sam-ha...se-public-hearing-on-stem-cell-therapy-hb810/

https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/23/right-to-try/
    Last edited by The Yankee: 11/05/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.01 98.0¢ $4.720M 4.751M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 171759 98.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 16000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.