AVE 50.0% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

To quote Oscar, 'Clarke tried to justify his option package by...

1. 870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    To quote Oscar, 'Clarke tried to justify his option package by stating that without it he Webb & James weren't getting paid enough. He went on to say that the job wouldn't be worth his while (going so far as to hinting that he was taking a loss working for us) and that he could get easily get more money elsewhere.'

I was at the AGM and have to say that this exchange, which is pretty accurately quoted by Oscar, was my only disappointment.

Bear in mind he already had about 300m proxies cast in favour of his options so they were never at any risk from a reasonable question from the floor. It showed him as incredibly thin skinned and I wonder if he is prone to throwing similar verbal hissy fits in his professional life. If so his value to a company negotiating deals with massive international companies must be questionable.

Not only was the comment not worthy of an office holder in a listed company it was unnecessary on 2 levels a) his options were already in the bag and b) the question wasn't even asked of him. He made a point of interupting to make sure that we all knew of his incredible value and the favour he was doing us by sitting on our board.

Poor effort and worth remembering when re-election time rolls around.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.