The Three Ds of Doom: Debt, Default, Depression (Charles Hugh Smith), page-8

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Sabath

If you have no debt and have a new car then you are doing well imo.
    All this debt is going to bight the population on the Ass sooner or later and imo sooner especially in the housing market where something like 20,000 people lost their jobs in the last 12 months.
    I put roofs on houses for a living for a few years and that is just dogged hard graft I can tell you and only young men do that job.
    In the sixties my father lost his job, I remember it well the family was in crises for quite some time. He eventually got another job and we did ok.

i own my own property and have some money that I invest and have absolutely zero debt and live on my own money. Ive been through the debt ringer and mate it can absolutely ruin your life, family and health. People dont want to listen to anyone over 50 yo these days and think they know better.
    My son has a great job and I instilled in him the need to stay out of debt and save. Since Uni he has been working full time for about 3 years I think and has saved over 50k plus his super. I think I created a monster though as he is as tight as a fishes bum and I have to embarass him so he buys his old dad a meal. It is a load of my mind that my son is doing well though. I feel like I can stop worrying about him and concentrate on living whatever years I have.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.