SYA 4.65% 4.1¢ sayona mining limited

THE TRUE VALUE OF SAYONA...............I had a huge post...

1. 1,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9480
    THE TRUE VALUE OF SAYONA...............

I had a huge post prepared a few days back and lost it all when hot copper lost the
    plot on my computer and closed unexpectedly.
    I will try and reconstruct it as best as I can recollect.

The valuation of Sayona was brought up repeatedly recently during the war with the
    downrampers, so I thought I would share some rough calculations with you all.
    I will have a crack this and try and give a ballpark figure on the value of Sayona as it stands NOW.
    The valuations are in C$, then converted to AU$ using XE.

1. NAL
    To buy NAL now, you would have to be looking at a billion. C$400 million was already invested, with SYA
    throwing another 100 BILL at it, to get the concentrator refurbed and upgraded.
    And this is not just for the sum of the parts, it's paying for the privilege of being able to be producing
    within 12 months. Construction, materials, labour, water, green hydro power, environmentals,
    permitting, infrastructure, logistics, road, rail, nearby airport, road, rail, personnel who have operated
    that plant previously.... etc... etc...
    But the most valuable is the time saving......years!!! Imagine starting to build this mine and facility
    NOW....Would you.?? And Risk missing the greatest market deficit for lithium we have ever seen?
    First mover advantage is what we are talking here people. In a jurisdiction which is government friendly,
    poses minimal sovereign risk, and looks set to become the hub of lithium battery and EV production in
    North America.
    Remember, NAL can operate stand alone. It doesn't have to have Authier ore immediately. As a matter
    of fact, Authier ore will not be introduced for a few months after the NAL restart.
    Sayona's share C$750 million.

Please note- Although PLL still own 25% of Sayona Quebec, due to the last CR, their holding in Sayona
    parent company has fallen to around 14.5%. I can't find any evidence at the moment that they
    participated in the last CR. I am sure if they had, the PR team would have made a point of it in the
    announcements.

2. Authier
    The resource has grown over the years. Valued at 140 mill in 2017 and then in 2019 revised in an official
    DFS to 216 million. Then in 2022, with further exploration, the resource further increased. Remember,
    these last 2 valuations were when the lithium spot price was heavily depressed.
    350 million
    Sayona's share C$262.5 million

3. Tansim-
    Tough one to value because its not a priority, but what I have seen is encouraging. Great
    grades and a decent size resource.
    Drilling conducted in 2019 comprising 11 holes for 1,129m resulted in an Exploration Target for the Viau‐
    Dallaire prospect of between 5 million and 25 million tonnes, at an estimated grade of 1.2 – 1.3% Li2O.
    BTW, Yep, as SB pointed out, Bombesrmad flat out lied with that one.
    C$50 million
    Sayona’s share 37.5mill

4. Moblan
    Well, we just paid US$86 million for 60%, Since then, further exploration has shown outstanding grades,
    low strip ratio and an emerging resource.
    Great partner and big plans for this project, shared by the industry. Possible resource doubling and
    Hydroxide WILL be made there.
    For now, let's put a conservative US$130mill on it for our share. With the movements/purchases and
    acquisitions in the area recently, I am sure SB will laugh at this valuation, but I am trying to be
    conservative, and value as we stand NOW.
    C$166mill

5. Lac AlbertIts massive. Next door to Moblan and around 15 times the size, in a known lithium bearing area, with a
    large pegmatite running SW-NE through it. Moblan is 433 ha vs 6592 ha for Lac Albert!!! Unexplored,
    except for some minor surface work. I think the plan is to support Moblan and the Northern hub, but is
    way off in the future. Think 2025/6 on. They’ll prove up Moblan first, then turn their attention to it
    C$1mill.

6.JV w/ Morella on WA lithium
    Our partnership with Morella was for them to spend 1.5 mill over 3 years. Morella seem to accept this a
    suitable outlay for risk/reward.
    So, the value of our 49% is
    AU$735K
    C$670K

7. WA Gold.
    Great location, great potential and we have committed to spend 2.7mill for 2022
    AU$2.7mill
    C$2.46 mill

8. Carbonate Plant at NAL
    The bones are there, has been mentioned a few times. Big dollars these days to build a carbonate or
    hydroxide refinery. The carbonate plant at NAL could be anywhere between 20-50% built. Maybe
    already 200mill tipped in. Expect another 200-300 required for production.
    $C200mill

9. Northern hub concentrator and LioH refining
    Massive potential and the northern hub will be the one that takes us from a 6-10billion dollar company,
    to 15-20+ billion-dollar company. But for now, just and idea…zero intrinsic value.
    $0

So, the grand total is C$1,420,130,000
    current market cap AU$1,509,000,000
    Now let's convert to AUD
    = AU$ 1,558,725,026 So, our market cap is very close to our CURRENT intrinsic
    value.
    Very interesting that……and begs the question, was this our downramper friends’ motive all
    along??? I will answer it with as much tact as I can muster………..
    Of course, it bloody was!!!!!!

Now let’s add our bank balance which should be in the coffers soon. +AU$210,000,000
    So, 1,558,725,026 + 210,000,000=
    Grand total- AU$1,768,726,026.
    Current intrinsic value. The sum of our parts if we were sold off
    SOI x SP= MC
    THAT MC TRANSLATES TO A 21.57c SP
    BTW, closing price on Friday 27/5/2022… 21.0c (with the latest tranche of shares
    added)

It’s very conservative and very rough, but it gives you an idea where we are at.
    So, our current SP is indicating we are currently valued a little under the sum of our parts ONLY.
    Liquidation value….

It DOES NOT consider future revenues and the massive potential that BL is unlocking here.
    It DOES NOT consider purchasing NAL and Moblan, at what now is very apparent, were BELOW
    bargain basement prices.
    It DOES NOT consider the strategic value of Tansim supplementing NAL, or Lac Albert
    supplementing Moblan.
    It DOES NOT consider the time saved in building an operational mine, Spodumene concentrator
    facility and the beginnings of a carbonate plant. Years saved, and with those hundreds of
    millions in capital costs, material purchasing, engineering, construction, labour costs and
    permitting. At a time when the whole world is suffering from material and labour shortages.
    And time is money, particularly when you're trying to enter the market while we are in a lithium
    deficit.
    It DOES NOT consider the strategic network and alliance that has been built in Quebec, with the
    government via IQ. The connections and relationships that could pave the way for future
    governmental funding and favourable support. In my opinion, this is one of our strongest
    resources.
    ETC…….ETC……………ETC…………… ETC…….ETC……………ETC……………

Now, this has taken me some time to put together, and as I mentioned earlier, I lost the first
    draft and had to start again.
    However, the time spent with this valuation has been time well spent. It has re-affirmed my
    belief in the company.

A fellow investor friend of mine advises me to do this as often as you can, daily if possible. Retest your valuation and belief in a company. Look for the weaknesses. Test and re-test and if
    you find flaws, factor them in immediately and adjust your holding appropriately.
    Buy, sell, rebalance. ...Retest your thesis, factor in new information, particularly the negative
    information. Look at micro, look at macro, look at sectors, indicators and yes even the VIX!
    He almost has a zero tolerance for loss, and he seems to do well most of the time. Now I don’t
    have the time to be as diligent, but He’s retired, so he has both the time and the passion…good on him.

The point here is that I have retested my thesis on this company heavily in the last week.
    Absorbing everything I can from the forums, the net, the announcements and the grapevine.
    Good and bad….
    AND……. The supporting evidence continues to get stronger.

The risk is diminishing

The working capital is growing

Debt does not exist

We are relatively reliant on no one. I almost feel like we don’t even need a DFS/BFS anymore.
    I know it has to be done to follow due process and diligence, but when you have the capital to start operations as is and don’t need
    funding then.......

And I have never seen Brett, or Sayona as a whole, chase down an objective as hard as they are
    with the start of production.at NAL.
    The ferocity that they are attacking the production start date with is very
    obvious. I didn’t always believe they could hit the Q1 23 target, and thought it would slip to Q2
    or Q3, which may still happen, but the sentiment has changed. Their posturing has changed.
    It feels as though it has become the #1 target for the company. Planning, expenditure, capital,
    hiring…. it's all there and coming together.

So, expect the unexpected with Sayona. They may have missed a lot of deadlines, but this one, THE
    CRITICAL one, is the one they just might nail!!!

The VALUE is growing. TRUE VALUE.

The PFS was written as a base case for the CR, to have something to present to the Sophs and
    institutions.
    Was it deliberately underdone?
    Yes, it was as in BL’s latest interview, he states we have robust and solid NPV, IRR and LOM
    figures and says-
    The PFS gives Good reassurance and good confidence, and that's what the market and
    shareholders want to see at this point in time, and we did all of that on, quite frankly some
    reasonably modest assumptions in terms of plant yields and pricing, which as we move forward
    to the DFS have Good scope and potential upside to further improve on those results.’

(Here’s a tip-expect plant yields and SC6 pricing to improve in the DFS)
    Was this a smart move?
    You bet it was.
    Take a good Look at the state of the markets. They are In tatters….
    US$7.5 trillion has been wiped from the DOW. 3 trillion more than during Covid.
    Everyone is fearful and consolidating. Money is not being thrown freely around and if you need
    it in a hurry, you will end up with s sub-par deal.
    The markets are in a risk off environment. They want to de-risk, not add risk to their portfolios.

Which says a lot about Sayona, and the belief these new investors have in the company.

The deal, although not optimal, was NOT underwritten, was completed quickly, will be
    dispersed in 1 Tranche and really wasn’t bad, considering the macro environment we are
    currently in.
    I am not sure if we would have had the speed to close this deal, in these conditions
    at 28c+. To our detriment, more dilution, but as you will see later, our market cap growth with
    still warrant a healthy share price.

SYA are in a hurry now, you can see it.
    Get the money and move…move fast.
    Money is scarce and to crunch a quick deal was a good outcome.
    Stuff the banks, creditors and financiers……. we have our own cash now….and in 9 months we
    will start printing more.
    Diminishing risk.

Does Brett care that the PFS was average? No. Because he knows the FINAL destination.
    Which is-
    CARBONATE PRODUCTION AT NAL, ABITIBI HUB
    HYDROXIDE PRODUCTION AT MOBLAN, NORTHERN HUB.

The PFS was good enough to get the CR completed. Stuff the pr fallout, the condemnation and
    what the market was expecting. In the grand scheme of things its pales in significance...
    He knows where we are headed!
    The figures in the PFS were GOOD ENOUGH.
    1bill NPV, IRR140, LOM 27, 2 years payback.... not bad really. I know other prospective miners
    that would kill to have those figures.
    Not to market expectation but good enough.
    Good enough to get the CR through easily and robust enough to stand on its own, while
    allowing scope for the DFS, the main event, to come out and completely eclipse these figures,
    later this year.
    Brett also gave his reasons for the DFS delay, which is reasonable and valid, I just wished he
    simply communicated to us in a non-price sensitive announcement…..uhhhhh….comms
    frustration!
    Anyway, I have been watching a few old interviews lately of the investing legend Warren Buffet.
    I think I offended @wallaby recently when I referred to him as a 90-year-old sociopath. I
    probably should have been a little more specific.
    A FINANCIAL SOCIOPATH. A DOG WITH A BONE. HE SEES UNDERVALUED ROBUST BUSINESSES
    AND HE GOES AFTER THEM...HARD.
    He is very good at valuing established bricks and mortar companies. He doesn’t care for crypto
    or much tech. It's what he knows and what he has stuck to.
    Based in Omaha, he is happy to be away from the fuss of Wall Street.
    The white noise is too distracting!
    He will value blue chip, longstanding companies, and I mean to the cent, and waits for market
    weakness. Sometimes he won't make a purchase for 2 years. He sits and waits patiently, until
    one of his targets, mostly due to greater market weakness, is below its INTRINSIC VALUE.
    The value of its assets, its infrastructure, its real estate, its assets, and then goes in HARD and crunches a
    deal. He looks for VALUE, for a company who has good fundamentals but is trading below that
    because of some sector or broader market volatility.
    He usually has a decent war chest ready of between 150-200 billion dollars and recently
    readjusted his portfolio, selling 10 bill but spending 50 bill, during this weak market. He must
    think we are close to the bottom.
    And when asked about his investment strategy, he looks for VALUE and buys cheap and sells
    high. That’s it. And he says when he tells people they don’t believe him.
    ‘Is that it?’ they say…..Yep, he smirks. Too boring for Wall Street!!!
    Be patient, buy low sell high and that flows into one of his other beauties- ‘Be fearful when
    others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful’.
    The Oracle of Omaha indeed….
    So that’s what I have been trying to do. Look for TRUE VALUE, continually research and test the thesis.
    Be patient. ( a particular weakness of mine.)
    Wait for market weakness
    Buy low (Been here since 1.9c and buying during this volatility, while my portfolio drops day
    after day. Scary stuff. But I know, Bull markets will make you money, but bear markets are
    when the REAL wealth is created.
    Sell high…I haven’t sold a share yet…. not yet…. the ride has just begun.
    I don’t need the money yet, so I am good to hold.... but everyone, including me, has a price in
    mind for their stock.
    So, having said all that, and understanding we are currently at our intrinsic value, the price of
    our combined assets, and we are in a period of extreme contraction and market weakness, the
    TRUE VALUE of this company comes to the fore.
    We continually derisk, have a couple of hundred mill in the bank and really look like we are
    going to make it into production Q1 23.
    The market in Australia and North America will stand up and take notice.

FUTURE POTENTIAL, PLUS INTRINSIC VALUE.

FUTURE POTENTIAL

SC6 Production within 9 months. Q1 2023
    Revenue stream, possible government grant, expansion of Authier/NAL, proving up of Moblan
    and Tansim.
    As I have previously stated, I don’t know of any lithium producer worldwide sub $AU5 bill
    market cap.
    Conservatively SP AU$61 cents and with a little FOMO and the broader market
    now taking us seriously as a producer, could easily push AU$61c-$1. There are of course other catalysts such as Authier PFS, combined DFS and resource expansion announcements which will also push the SP along.

Please note- After the closing of SYAOC and conversion of options, April 29 2023, we may see a
    share consolidation.

Carbonate production within 36 months. 2025
    Massive revenue stream multiplier, possible strategic partnership/expansion, Moblan
    continuation and completion, Tansim production. This is when we see big revenue, cut the
    umbilical cord with Piedmont offtake and really move into the vertically integrated big leagues.
    Proving up Lac Albert and expanding resources. Market cap now steadily growing into the
    AU$8-15bill range. SP $1.03- 1.83

Northern hub Moblan Hydroxide production 2027 onwards
    Propelling us into one of the world’s leading, vertically integrated, refined lithium producers.
    Potential to go as high as double our market cap, depending on output. Further strategic
    partnerships. Moblan producing and refining LiOh, Lac Albert JORC and close to production.
    This could send our market cap anywhere between 16-30billion, when compared to similar
    current carbonate and hydroxide producers. SP AU$1.83-3.66

Please note, these calculations are based on 8.2 billion shares with no further dilution. I see this
    as a possibility, with revenue streams coming online, financing and strategic
    investment/partnerships.

So that’s my take and merely my humble opinion.

Our current share price is at asset value only, with no value added.

Maybe, something that the Oracle would consider buying, if it was a current blue-chip bricks
    and mortar company…...and we are very, very far from that.

Not trying to deal out Hopium here, but it's what I truly see as the future of this company.

A multi mine, multi hub, vertically integrated lithium miner and refiner who is world class.
    Who will be THE lithium powerhouse of North America, and equally well respected on the global
    stage

Once we get going and start producing revenue, there's no stopping us.
    There's still tough road ahead, but I think the really hard work is done.
    Some may argue that the NAL purchase has been THE company maker. The defining moment in
    time which changed the fortunes of Sayona forever, and the road going forward is a little
    bumpy with minor formalities and details, which will be worked out along the way.

Whether you subscribe to that theory or not, it seems to be exactly what is currently unfolding here.
    And if we continue along this path, in the grand scheme of things, SC6, carbonate and
    hydroxide production are just around the corner.
    Just Zoom out, be patient, dont panic and enjoy the ride...

Whatever you guys decide, best of luck.

And please do your own research, study and build your own thesis for this company. I stress, this is a very, very
    rough guide and my opinion only. I am happy to be corrected and be shown where I have gone wrong and can
    improve things for the better. It's up to you to have conviction in where you invest your money, or the money of
    your loved ones.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
-0.002(4.65%)
Mkt cap ! $427.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.4¢ 4.1¢ $714.9K 16.94M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
80 13293728 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 5419453 59
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.58pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.1¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 4.65 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.3¢ 4.3¢ 4.1¢ 11974171
Last updated 15.14pm 05/06/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.