I refer you back to your invaluable quote sources: Couldn't find...

1. 669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    I refer you back to your invaluable quote sources:

Couldn't find an Allen Greenberg.

Leonard Horowitz is a former dentist turned 'natural healer' (see his book title on miraculous cures from ancient scripture).

Found only an apparent quote from Robert Bell who is a ghost it seems. Otherwise it may be Robert Scott Bell who is into homeopathy.

Philip Incao is an expert in "anthroposophy" which is a philosophy not a recognised medical field. He's also a homeopath, acupuncturist and supposed nutritionist.

Archivides Kalokerinos wanted to use high dose vitamin c to treat every ailment with megavitamin therapy quackery.

Richard Moscowitz: A homeopathist for 4 decades. Paraphrased: ‘measles decimated new world, killed 20% of people, it was a killer disease. But we’ve evolved to render it a normal disease of childhood’. WHO states that there were still 140,000 deaths globally – mostly children – and that vaccination resulted in a 73% drop in measles deaths. I’m not a mathematics person but with measles vaccine being relatively common, 140,000 deaths are not a mild issue. Yes, influenza kills a lot of people annually, but with so many strains that shift annually, the vaccine has definitely played a significant role. But this is the thing, you compare measles deaths to influenza – ‘influenza kills so many more people’. That’s not a good line of argument to sit on. We could bring the bubonic plague back, remove antibiotics treatment, and then influenza would fall into the measles category. Look there is a difference between the immunity derived from a vaccine and from an acute outbreak from the virus, but I’d prefer an attenuated polio vaccine to actual polio.

Lendon Smith was another megavitamin therapy propagandist.

Gerhard Buchwald: Just a couple of German books with no quotes or sources I can find.

Andrew Moulden claimed all diseases were caused by blood clots and germ theory of disease didn't exist. He was not allowed to practice medicine and had restraining orders to prevent him doing so. He claimed he held degrees.

Sladjana Velkov - couldn't find anything on her actual credentials, just a lecture of hers she shared called "healing by the sun and raw foods". Sounds legit...

Could not find anything of use for Paul Frame except that alleged quote espoused by untrustworthy sources.

Guylaine Lanctot was an M.D. but lost her licence. She wants to use herbs, vitamins and homeopathy for treatment.

William Hay - now this bloke and his "sun diet" needed work. He advocated a type 1 diabetes patient stop taking insulin. His various dieting ideas copped incessant repudiation from his peers, who presumably used their brain.

Couldn't find anything to do with Daniel Duffy except that quote and an ineloquent diatribe against vaccines.

Jayne Donegan - Homeopath, again. A judge found her testimony was founded on "junk science" and "most of the published papers cited by her in support of her views turned out either to support the contrary position or at least to give no support to her own". Something to which she conceded. Nice logic there.

Howard Urnovitz - Fair comment on the SV40 contaminant. But, that hasn't been a part of vaccines for a very long time and has not been linked to cancer in humans. Hepatitis C does exist, but the vaccination difficulty comes from hepatitis C being a rapidly mutating virus of myriad strains.

Tedd Koren is a chiropractor and acupuncturist who advocates his own 'special' holistic KST method (not a validated medical technique, which he acknowledges). He was also accused of serious misconduct by the World Federation of Chiropractors.

David Ayoub has a less than moral track record as an 'expert' witness. He also couldn't answer whether he believed vaccines do more good than harm, but he did call them tantamount to genocide at one point which is truly ludicrous.

Bernard Rimland - Psychologist and proponent of vaccines causing autism (particularly the repeatedly discredited work on the topic). Has had retracted papers on vaccines and autism. Loves a correlation even if unsubstantiated (did you know organic foods correlate with autism also?)

Robert Mendelsohn - I actually agree with a couple of comments he had made. However, this was also a bloke who effectively said people should avoid doctors and seek out naturopaths and chiropractors instead. That'll help with a pulmonary embolism..

Frederick Klenner was yet another megavitamin therapy proponent who claimed high doses of vitamin c could cure basically anything, a view not based on evidence or science.

Jaquelyn McCandless - a psychiatrist who has tried to defend the repudiated work of Wakefield on autism and vaccines. Whilst not saying vaccines cause autism alone, she bases her lack of evidence on the fact that many other things could be at play (genetics etc). That's a safe line to take with no basis of causality or mechanism.

William Douglass (I'm guessing the William Campbell Douglass) is a grade A nutjob who thinks hydrogen peroxide causes AIDS, sunlight prevents melanoma and fluoride is dangerous. This is the least credible of a long list of intellectual invalids. The 17th/18th ccentury William Douglass initially opposed inoculations but reversed this stance in view of its benefits.

Dr W.J. Collins - This guy from the 19th century was sceptical about vaccines because it hadn't eradicated smallpox. Well that seems foolish now.

Russell Blaylock - another vitamin loving, alternative health 'professional' cab off the rank. Although at least the others despite being wrong, didn't do it for obvious financial gain. Old mate also thinks fluoride is bad and that the Soviets created the drug epidemic in the US.

Alan Cantwell... I retract my above on Douglass, this bloke is another breed who believes bacteria cause cancer and AIDS is man-made.

Anthony Morris - A rare legitimate member of the list. His comments were largely put to the newly developed swine flu vaccine and whether it was efficacious. He had a fair point at the time.

Walter Hadwen - early 1900's physician who refuted germ theory of disease and refused a diphtheria anti-serum treatment to a young girl based on this disbelief - she died and he was charged with manslaughter, though acquitted.

W. B. Clarke... So by his other comments he appeared to suggest cancer is exclusively caused by vaccines. Never saw a case of cancer in an unvaccinated person. Yeah cancer didn't exist before vaccines, and animals don't get cancer, right?

Mark Geier - lost his license through treating autistic kids with a drug protocol used for chemical castration. He should be your doctor.

James Shannon - I could find no evidence for the NIH director James Shannon ever having said this. The only thing is that oft-repeated 'quote' from spurious sources and that is it.

Herbert Shelton - Yet another raw food, naturopath, alternative medicine quack. He's a doctor of naturopathy...

Jay Gordon - Cited the repudiated Wakefield autism and vaccine work and seems to have no idea that measles is a dangerous virus.

Sherri Tenpenny - Clearly in it for the money with her bs mastering courses. 'I'm a strong activist, so I made a for-profit "course" on my unfounded beliefs'. More an evangelistic than a doctor.

George Bernard Shaw - he's not a doctor, champ. And his gripes stem back to 1881, and it was smallpox which was, ironically, eradicated by vaccination.

M Beddow Bayley - Cute pithy quote, where's the evidence? Seems to be based off the lack of smallpox cases in Australia, which was because there were few deaths which makes sense when there are few cases. Specious reasoning.

H.H. Fundeberg - Lost his license and required neuropsychiatric evaluation before consideration of license renewal. Also known for propogation of vaccines causing Alzheimer's disease, which is incorrect. Moreover, he was another convert from the repudiated autism and vaccine work by Wakefield et al.

Mary N Megson - This is literally a direct quote from her website: "Vaccines save millions of lives... No one wants the return to the epidemics of polio, pertussis, and measles". And that "..." wasn't me omitting anything.

Harris Coulter - His "shot in the dark" book is not founded on any real evidence. Any basis they had was superseded by large scale studies refuting the link of DTP vaccines to neurological events. No statistically significant link was found.

Bernardine Healy - Providing a healthy dose of levelled scepticism which you'd hope. She said, diplomatically, that officials and scientists had been quick to dismiss the concerns of families. That is a far cry from anti-vaccination.

Viera Scheibner - A geologist with one year of medical school (dropout). Claimed vaccines were linked to SIDS, like some other muppets in this list. Metastudies subsequent to her incorrect book show either no link or in fact a decreased susceptibility.

Alan Greenberg (aka Allen Greenberg) appears to be an elusive source here. But I find this shadowy figure says all drugs are toxic (which they are in certain contexts - Pharmacology 101) but peddles defunct chelation therapies (so drugs).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.