SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

The two updates

1. 96 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    When I first looked at today's update (28th Jan 2016), I was so confused - so where is the update on the cashflows/numbers? but then I read the other update (17th Dec) along with this one again.- it makes sense now.

On 17th Dec 2015, the company said:
    "AN UPDATE on the impact on the gross operating cash flow result for that period will be provided in Jan 2016.

So, in other words, the company didn't actually promise a cash flow report to be published in Jan - THEY ONLY PROMISED AN UPDATE. But somehow, at Hotcopper, everyone was led by the idea that an actual cash flow report will magically appear in Jan (without all the other accounts' info) and clear the air.

I wouldn't say the company was at no fault in this one - it is tricky how they make their announcements and they should have been more forthcoming - this update just doesn't seem necessary and they should have just said the half year results would be ready in Feb instead of an update in Jan. It is bad publicity, but again, it doesn't mean the end of the world for the company - it is already priced for failure.

The current situation worries/pleases traders the most- just take a look at the amount of posts at SGH board. They sell immediately when there is no quick sentiment for a rise, and they talk about fears/incompetence when they were
    loading up the truck a few days ago - this is called trading not investing.

SO IF THIS IS YOUR INVESTMENT - How long is too long for investing? it has just been like what, 7 months since the crush from $8+(not to mention most of us have average prices below 3 or 4), why can't you give it another 7 months/even a few years to see if it can go above 60c? money can't be made overnight/in weeks.

END
    Last edited by Happysandra: 28/01/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.