UKL uranium king limited

the uranium king

1. 12,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    I am going to post some info on URANIUM KING

Why that stupid name???

Firstly:
    Uranium King has heavy ties to the USA ... Now if you know something uranium mining in the USA, then you will know of a man called Charlie Steen who made the richest uranium find in U.S. history!! He is part of USA mining folklore. He discovered, owned, and operated the Mi Vida mine from 1951 until 1962. Charlie Steen has been nationaly designated "The Uranium King"

Secondly:
    With that in mind, consider this article:
    "Mineral Energy and Technology Corporation was incorporated as Uranium King Corporation in the State of New Mexico in 1969. It became a publicly traded company in 1969 and the shares were actively traded through 1979. The stock has not traded publicly since the 1980's. In February 2004, the Articles of Incorporation were amended to change the name of the corporation to Mineral Energy and Technology Corporation."

From UKL's Website:
    "On 21 July 2006 Uranium King exercised an option to acquire a 100% interest in the uranium assets of Mineral Energy and Technology Corporation (“METCO”).
    METCO is a United States based private company which owned the Rio Puerco and Church Rock projects in the State of New Mexico and the Apex and Lowboy projects in the state of Nevada.
    Based on exploration completed during the 1970’s and 1980’s, the Rio Puerco and Apex-Lowboy projects have combined JORC inferred uranium resources of 6.1 million pounds (2.8 million kilograms) of uranium oxide."

So folks, corny as it sounds, the name Uranium King has serious folklore history in the USA, AND is the original name of METCO, the company holding these projects, since 1969.

A bit of history

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UKL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.