GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

The US is sinking ... sinking ... sinking, page-34

1. 42,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1019
    I don't go for conspiracy theory, just using an example in jest. Personally there is no reading between the lines when I flip a gold chart. Very simple for me, strong USD = weak commodities prices. I can guess why a strong USD but can't say definitively as I am not an economist. I follow the trend and the trend currently is a bullish USD, no bending yet so I keep follow by looking for shorts Fiber Cable Aussie Kiwi and long Loonie.

The Q always arise with gold in that if it keeps getting thrash then at some point we won't have any profitable mines left right? If that were to happen then I see deflation including wages, equipment, fuel etc.. So the gold price is all relative in my simplistic logic. Right now I see each day gold stock reacting to the POG/USD and on most days AUD fall in tandem so the net effect on the AU gold sales profit remains the same or better. Sentiment driven plus foreign investment funds leaving to protect the foreign exchange double whammy. Looking to get more exposure to low cost higher grade operators but not betting the house on it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.