GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

the usa's debt dwarfs china's debt ..., page-37

1. nk
    3,091 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    no worries hercules

a friend of mine runs a listed alternative energy play. Several years ago he went to China to do business, made some contacts , got the ball rolling

things were moving along and he decided he needed an Australian resident Chinese national to help him negotiate and translate. A high qualified and well regarded Chinese businesswoman who had lived in Oz for many years was recommended to him and she travelled to China with him for some important negotiations

During the trip my friend realised something wasnt quite right, without going into the gory details, what had happened was this Chinese woman had been turned against him. She was bullied and harrassed by the Chinese negotiatiors along the lines "you are Chinese, why are you working for the foreign devil, your are a traitor to the Chinese people"

She got the message and betrayed my friend. Who knows what threats were made to her.

Now my friend was a seasoned and tough negotiator, has done business with Indians , Japs and Yanks. But this one really came out of left field.Live and learn.

My wife is ethnic Chinese of Malaysian birth , in fact her greatgrandfather was Sun Yat Sen's ( the true father of modern China)right hand man in Singapore. The story didn't suprise her.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.