GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

the usa's debt dwarfs china's debt ..., page-40

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Do you know what the sad thing is? Look at us here in Australia, we are too easy to judge by looking at what we see on the TV or on the net, but imagine what other countries see when they look at us, drunken fights, police brutality, even the indians are starting to see us as a racist society due to several attacks, which is unfortunate as I don't believe they are any more likely to get mobbed than the rest of us. Can you imagine what would happen if WA split from the rest of Australia, taking with it all of our mineral wealth(I'm a West Aussie) Do you not think that the other 90% of Australians would complain and say it was unconstitutional that a great source of wealth has just been removed? Now think about Chinas stance on Taiwan. I am sure that many of you will be all too happy to tear me apart and saying that its not the same. And you know I tend to agree, but thats because I'm an Aussie not Chinese.

Under the basic theory of globalisation, every country should eventually gravitate towards an equalised standard of living, although many think that this is never likely to happen. With a population 4 times that of America it is only natural that Chinas GDP will eventually outstrip that of the USA, and at the end of the day, it probably won't be such a bad thing.

I for one think that China (and hence 1.3Billion people and hence the rest of the world) are facing a much graver problem, that of relatively decreasing agricultural production that is failing to keep pace with their increased desire for better and more varied food wants now that they are becoming a more affluent society. Within 50 years we could see staple food crops becoming the new gold. As has been pointed out in previous posts, now that we are in the digital age, there can be an infinite amount of money, but only a finite amount of gold. Food is the same. Investing in food production assets will not be the worst decision you could make for long term growth.

Think about it.

Straddo

"Ideas are more powerful than guns, we would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" - Joseph Stalin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.