WHC 2.58% $7.95 whitehaven coal limited

The voice and Woodside, page-9

1. 5,987 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 981
    Nunya...
    Nunya...
    Nunya business...
    I'm in two minds after reading the deal they cut themselves for payments. Of course, it's always going to be a difficult choice as to how much one pays oneself. That's a real difficult one. I didn't like some of the things I read in the remuneration discussion/report. I'd be inclined to reject it.
    I do agree with Mark when he says that Bell Rock hasn't provided growth alternatives which compare to the BMA purchase. From that perspective, I also can't see any growth alternatives anywhere near as good as BMA. The deal itself is, of course, loaded with risk, but, without risk, there's no reward. I do read a deal of bitterness coming from Bell Rock and rightly so... it appears that they invested heavily with the buy backs in place and expected a good return quickly. I also thought that we'd see $15-18+ with the buy backs. I got stung with around a 10% loss... I know there's others who got stung too... we only need to look at how buy backs have put a rocket under USA coal stocks to feel bitter. They bought just under 5% of the company with the buy backs in play, only to have the buy back stopped... ouch... then a complete change of the underlying company direction... ouch...
    Yeah, so, I'm not to concerned, because my position isn't anywhere near 5% and I can sell down or buy in quickly. I reckon most other small holders aren't concerned either. If the buy price is right, which I reckon it will be, then WHC is a magnificent buy for the long term... but... for someone who wanted a quick 12 month turnaround... it's going to blow things out for maybe 2-5 years depending on the prevailing conditions and the risk profile of the trade has changed totally.
    Personally, I hope WHC gets the BMA assets. I'd vote in favour of buying them for a good price. I don't care about the buybacks as much as I'd like to see long term growth through a well priced acquisition... the size/type of which isn't likely to occur again for 50 years. It'd be really unfortunate if WHC missed the opportunity.
    As for protest votes... Total unknown... My life experience tells me that protest votes usually win when the people being protested are controlling the protestors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.95
Change
0.200(2.58%)
Mkt cap ! $6.650B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.83 $8.02 $7.81 $81.15M 10.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 18264 $7.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.99 13073 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.