Anyone born in this country is by definition Indigenous to it...

1. 2,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Anyone born in this country is by definition Indigenous to it gmt. Although google has recently changed that definition if you look it up. Bruce Pascoe self identified as Aboriginal and even got a book he wrote distributed into high schools across the country before being identified as a fraud with zero Aboriginal heritage at all. It has become an industry with over 100 separate NGO Organisations "advising" the Gov't at all levels and receiving taxpayer funding as a result. I don't disagree with land rights or access to country for traditional owners, but let them fund it themselves with the existing 35 billion already received from the taxpayers. I have lived, worked, visited actual Aboriginal community's since the age of ten in the NT and QLD and I'm betting from most of the comments here that none of you ever have in your life.
    I lived (slept) as a white person mostly in a compound of razor wire and alarm systems that alerted to intrusions, and that was after we lived with loaded weapons inside our swags in camps. Any sort of community work was constantly interrupted with sorry business or conflict between clan groups where the CDEP boys would show up one day but not the next, there was always something going on.
    Despite all the funding our tools would be stolen never to be seen again and the work slowed so much that even with a full crew on board the lack of staff or equipment dragged things on well beyond the jobs simple time frame.
    This is going back well over 20 yr's, and nothing has changed at all really. 7 years ago in QLD I saw at least 15 well funded "Rangers" with Land Cruiser Utes and quad bikes swarm a popular camping and fishing spot north of Cooktown as it bordered their Tribal area. People just got locked out and told to call the "Ranger" who never answered back ever if they wanted to go back in there.
    People are being continually locked out of areas all across the country, be it fishing, camping, 4x4 areas, everything is restricted or banned now, yet you can still go throw stones at a Wombat if you identify as an Aboriginal Police officer huh?
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-06/sa-police-officer-who-stoned-wombat-allowed-to-stay-in-job/11775036

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.