The Voice

1. 363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I really do not know how to vote.On the one hand I want all Australians to have the same opportunities and healthcare , education and jobs should be available to everyone.On the other hand I am trying to understand WHY our traditional owners find themselves at such a disadvantage.I have spent the last few years in the far north of Australia and witnessed first hand some disturbing attitudes of our First Nations people.
    It costs nothing to keep your surroundings tidy, yet the garbage and filth I have seen around some of the communities is disgusting.It costs nothing to send your children to school and yet I see kids sitting under a tree with adults who seem quite happy to keep their kids uneducated.
    I have yet to see any traditional owner angry that they cannot get a job . Every week on my trip to town I see many groups of traditional owners sitting on a park bench drinking grog, while a white man mows the grass around them.
    All these experiences make it hard for me to understand what the Voice is going to achieve. Will it change the traditional owners attitude to a hard day's work? Will it make them send their kids to school? Will it stop the obvious hatred they have for the white man ?
    Yes, we have treated them badly in the past but it is the past. Today we are falling over backwards to help our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples to the extent that some white people feel they are discriminated against. It seems that no matter how much money we throw at the problem, it is never enough. Will a Yes vote be good for all of us?So I am confused, I honestly do not know how I should vote.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.