FAR 3.30% 47.0¢ far limited

This article speaks volumes as to why we have not had the...

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    This article speaks volumes as to why we have not had the decree. There was some mention recently of a new oil code, and dollars to doughnuts this is what it is all about.

So he wants the country's (possible...) oil wealth to generate a return for his people. That a lofty and noble thing of course, but it has me wondering:

1. Is he seeking a change to the terms of any previous agrements so as to generate additional revenues, or is he simply seeking to establish a framework as to how the revenues generated (via Petrosen) will be spent?

2. Why now? The government is desperate for investment and to find some black gold, but the time taken to develop this new policy has removed the investment certainty required by explorers, and consequently delayed the very activities that may one day lead to the generation of those revenues.

So I'm a little unsure how to read this:
    Positive: If the oil code/Wade formula is complete and there are no changes to the prevous arrangments we *might* see our decree soon.

Negative: If the Wade formula see the percentages reworked, or is still at the "thought bubble" stage when this thing could grind on for another eternity (if such a thing were possible).

Thoughts?

-Disco

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.015(3.30%)
Mkt cap ! $43.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 47.0¢ 45.5¢ $82.32K 180.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3500 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 125569 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.