It's a very basic bit of logic. But fair enough, I'll...

1. 1,006 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    It's a very basic bit of logic. But fair enough, I'll expand a little.

Science is empirical in that it seeks to discover how the world works. Science is great like that. Christians, Muslims, Jews, and other faiths have no problem with the scientific method of discovery. Very helpful.

Religion or Faith or Philosophy (all slightly different yet occupy a similar realm) are also empirical in that they seek to discover rational and logical explanations to the question of why the world exists and works.

Theology seeks the deeper reasons. The why!

That's why Universities started as theological and philosophical learning institutions over 1000 years ago. That's why Theology was regarded as a science and was even called the Queen of Science. Theology is logical and rational in a world that cannot but fully explained through Materialism and a Naturalist worldview.

Sadly, our culture has regressed because they have embraced Naturalism to exclusion of Philosophical reason and logic. This means we are left to desperately try to live in a world that is highly functional yet bereft of robust reasons why we live in the first place. Or how to use the scientific advancements well.

No wonder we have amazing technological advances yet society at large is extremely fragmented, purposeless and destructive.

Science can help create medicine and guns. But it does not help you comprehend why they exist or wrestle with the ethical implications of the circumstance of when you and I should use them.

That's a basic start. Anyway, I'm off to church (online) to discover why I live.
    Last edited by Browndog12: 02/08/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.