The Walking Bible, page-57

1. 6,612 Posts.
    I get that. I was too long winded. The point is that a goodly number of people don't understand reality, the rational from the imagined. They are not interested in reality. They choose a false reality and demand others accept it as a show of faith and the collective errors of belief become a doctrine of belief. Some religions relate essential faith to holding impossible beliefs. Kids are not taught to think independantly. Analytical thought is not valued in school to the extent it should be.
    So they can't support their beliefs because their beliefs can't be supported. They have to deflect with feelings of superiority and faith perverted into superstition over the unbeliever.
    If anything in religion has a foundation in some type of reality, that reality can't contradict scientific proof.
    If God is the creator, then He created reality, so to deny scientific proof is to deny God Himself.
    I agree with you, just don't expect religion to justify itself. They are trained to be constantly moving targets because they think it demonstrates faith.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.