VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

The wave of competitors swells

1. 770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 119
    From fierce, supporting my previous post

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/...nches-next-gen-oncolytics-player-t/2015-10-27

mentions two new entrants: 1 from Canada and 1 from UK.  Canadian company now has up to 31 million available to it. That was transformational for VLA a year or two ago. There are about another 4 in the field.

It is make or break time. We will learn if the management of this company is serious or not. They have a very brief opportunity to make hay because the sun is definitely shining - think Hep C a few years ago.  Like Hep C, the sun sets and the haymaker was Gilead. This field, too, will be stitched up very quickly. As our new PM says, companies need to be nimble and agile.

Also, I can't work out from their website when their key patents expire.

If they wait around to set their options deals and then wait some more for Pharma to come to them, they will be forgotten. The science for this is everywhere now, VLA didn't invent oncolytics, we aren't even the first. So the science is over, it's the dealmaking that is the key. Their competitors will be everywhere camped out on the doorsteps of big pharma. My guess is only 3 or4 deals will be done to be advanced to phase 3.

Tick tock,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.