AVL 0.00% 1.7¢ australian vanadium limited

Good thoughts Lewis. Thankyou. In regards that conspicuous lack...

1. 17,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3716

Good thoughts Lewis.
    Thankyou.
    In regards that conspicuous lack of appearance at Paydirt at least, AVL has been unusually quiet for the last six days as well.

And whatever comes tomorrow (or not), we’re getting towards the pointy end of the 2024 Financial Year after tomorrow;

IMG_8683.jpeg

Although still two thirds of this quarter to go.

Looking at the manipulative ‘one share trades’ that have closed many of the closing auctions in recent weeks, I wonder what the purpose of that exercise is (beyond demonstrating that the price right now is tightly controlled).

And how there might be some early tax loss selling underway ?
    And how AVL will also be looking to bring whatever (else) it wants to collect into its 2024 tax records before FY’25 starts?
    Which made me wonder when is the share consolidation going to happen?

After decades of share issue schemes under at least two names, AVL is surely looking to tidy its’ 8.6 (?) billion share register, along with everything else it’s getting organised to move forward? (Lining up the EPA, Woods document and customers, grants, etc etc. )​

If it were up to me, I think I’d want the share registry as tight as possible before the Final Investment Decision on the basis of a clean slate before the merry go round of new shares issues start again.​
    …And, because I think prices tend to go backwards after a consolidation, I would want to start the process at over 10c a share (so that the increments of rise or fall are at lest half a cent not a tenth of a cent!)​
    …. And I’d want to consolidate coincidental with releasing such amazingly great news that all of those half cent increments are UP..​
    And get it out of the way asap.​

But forI’m curious what other back seat drivers out there think( I have only ever invested one company that did a share consolidation and a short time later It went kaput.
    Does anyone know of any companies that thrived after consolidation, and whether it was an immediate bounce (and-if so - if good news accompanied it? Or whether the company languished for a bit first?)
    And is there’s a best time of year in which to organise it?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $146.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $35.45K 2.118M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 6472709 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 4663300 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.7¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ 3216764
Last updated 15.59pm 03/06/2024 ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.