Life is what you make of it and its quite obvious that your...

1. 54,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 999
    Life is what you make of it and its quite obvious that your glass is half empty when it comes to existential issues.

This is a quote attributed to John Lennon

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."

Our way of life growing up in inner Sydney was one of relative poverty but great happiness and love - something that is a bit of a rarity these days. We were taught to respect and appreciate everything we had and not worry about what we didn't have - once again a rarity these days.

If your recollection of the Australian way of of life is as described...

- social gatherings with lots of food and a keg of beer
    - opening presents on xmas day
    - drunks in the street
    - seen one punch drunks in the street laying a person out flat
    - bouncers in Kings Cross standing whilst there were a couple of unconscious people lying on the footpath
    - football games
    - crazy people screaming in the street or leaning out of windows
    - cars that always smelled differently
    - the shittiest tv I can ever remember
    - work and jobs and work places that were as boring as bat's poop
    - trips to the gold coast in cars in monstrous heat, traffic jams, driving for hours to sit and slow roast on sand and suffer sunburn
    - being in wars where we had no idea why we were there, but we were
    - expectations, to get some kind of job, to get a girl, to get married and have a family
    - dreams of 'other places' - sometimes in Australia and sometimes in ?? over there

then I can understand why you are such a bitter person - constantly turning any positive into a negative.

Most of your problems have nothing to do with what happens externally - be it France or Australia
    it all between the ears Mr Hoo

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.