"ok - if we are sitting in a car --------- and we have a gps and...

1. 6,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    "ok - if we are sitting in a car --------- and we have a gps and we are about to move off in the car"

what do we need to move? direction wise

what are the consequences if we just move off and drive?
    "

But we aren't "sitting in a car", and when I am sitting in a car the direction I go can change from one day to the next. Car analogies are usually poor.

Australia 's direction was determined initially by its forefathers. A safe, cohesive society was envisioned and largely materialised. This allowed each individual to chart their own particular "direction and meaning" in life, something that is only achievable, in my opinion, via a homogeneous society.

The more homogeneous a society the less need there is to articulate what it means. It is innate in such cases. As we become less homogeneous so the somewhat frustrating differences between cultures grow (fanned as they are by politicians and others), and the future direction a nation takes becomes impossible to envision.

You doubt multiculturalism is the issue, but I think the evidence is strong that it is a major factor in every western nation's decline. A person doesn't have to hate someone to not want that someone's culture in their nation, much like that person shouldn't have to be tolerant when that foreign culture arrives.

Fix that curse, and "way of life" doesn't need words for it to exist.
    Last edited by aatisket: 12/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.