The ‘Way of Life’As an immigrant of nearly two decades, somebody...

1. 6,967 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    The ‘Way of Life’

As an immigrant of nearly two decades, somebody who has lived in multiple countries and extensively travelled, I think it’s fair to say Aus has a very definitive ‘Way of Life’.

Its not unusual not to recognise your own way of life when you just get on with stuff and take everything for granted in that life.

I find Aussies very likeable and generally good natured. That comes with climate a lot of the time and good living conditions, which are a standard, generally, that’s hard to replicate anywhere.

They are fiercely proud of their country which is understandable. There is also a genuine pride in their history and how the country has developed. And to be fair, in a couple of hundred years, the result is amazing.

The lifestyle is one of generally work hard to play hard. And why not?

What lets it down is the same as many 1st world countries. They follow the lead of others (US mainly) across the board and are easily bullied politically. For that they are generally poor in form. But that’s not unusual.

For me the Way of Life is very easy going and I enjoy that. The country is massive and not overcrowded. The People generally make it great though.

Will I leave? Doubtful. It’s a country with everything. Politics is its weakness and it has so much opportunity in in-ground wealth to do its own thing. It’s strange but Albanese said something in respects of us competing yesterday. And we can, by doing our thing. We should view the in-ground wealth as our ‘Security’ and tax it accordingly. Go the way of Norway. There is still time for that. But it needs to happen now.

Immigration being a major issue, still needs to happen, but again, politicians need to target that properly. Against a major strategies and plans across multiple sectors. Again, driven by our in-ground wealth. But there is space and we need to open up wider opportunities across different areas of the country. Mainly the North across the three states/territory.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.