"Mal 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall...

1. 913 Posts.

"Mal 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way beforeme: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith Yehowah of hosts."

"15 John bear witness about Self (Yehowah), and cried out loud to say; This I am who bring word, the one behind I to come, because first I am (John born 6 mths earlier and first on the scene, as he was to first prepare the way for Yehowah)"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------

Wotsup,

The problem you have is that God says in Mal 1, that the messenger, John the Baptist is preparing the way before him.
    But John says that the one he is preparing for wears sandals.
    John is witnessing to Jesus, who John believes he is " not worthy that I should untie the strap of His sandal."

John1:26-27

26John answered them saying, “I baptize with water, but in the midst of you stands One whom you do not know, 27the One coming after me, of whom am I not worthy that I should untie the strap of His sandal.”

Wotsup,
    John is preparing the way for Jesus who is God , the Word made flesh.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.