"ego = I and eimi" = I am = "I am" is NOT in 1:14 Nobody said “I...

1. 5,403 Posts.
    "ego = I and eimi" = I am = "I am" is NOT in 1:14

Nobody said “I am” is in V1:14, its only your imagination and gears spinning in your head that came up with such notion.

The "I" is the Father, hence just like OT times, He is speaking and does so in John in a few places, until Jesus enters the scene after meeting John, and then he becomes God's, Yehowah's, mouth piece, representative for The Word.

Rubbish, absolutely hogwash, Jesus started His ministry after His baptism, Jesus(Word) entered the scene when the Word became flesh.

And definitely it was Jesus himself who spoke “I am” none of the verses indicate that it was the Father that's speaking…

As per normal you have to misquote scripture and history to line it up with your imagination.

Nice try but it doesn’t work, sorry baby

"
    In John 8:58, Jesus says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." The Greek phrase used here is "ego eimi," which translates to "I am."

Translates to -> I and I am = two Greek words are used there, one for I and one for I am.

In the Greek language, the pronoun "ego" means "I" and the verb "eimi" means "am" or "exist." When these two words are combined, they form the phrase "eimi ego," which translates to "I am" in English.

The repetition of the pronoun and the verb in the phrase serves an emphatic purpose. It puts a special emphasis on the subject (in this case, the speaker) and highlights their sense of existence or identity. This emphasis can be found in various verses of the New Testament, particularly in statements made by Jesus.

For example, in John 8:58 (NKJV), Jesus says, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." Here, Jesus uses the phrase "ego eimi" to declare his eternal existence, linking himself with the divine name of God from the Old Testament (Exodus 3:14). The emphasis created by the repetition of "ego" and "eimi" underscores the significance and authority of Jesus' statement.

Additionally, the Greek language allows for greater flexibility in sentence structure and word order compared to English. This flexibility allows speakers and writers to emphasize and highlight certain words or concepts by placing them at the beginning or end of a sentence. In the case of "eimi ego," the arrangement of the words further reinforces the emphasis on the subject.

Overall, the use of "eimi ego" in the New Testament Greek serves to convey emphasis, significance, and authority in statements, particularly when it comes to expressing one's identity or existence.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.