The way, the truth, and the life – Jesus Christ, page-152

1. 23,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    G'Day,

"It certainly can't be the Scriptures they handled. They were only nearing completion at the time John wrote his letters."

Tell me Mr G, WHAT part of the following verse did you not see?
    To boot, Jesus is known to have ref the scriptures else where - Have you not read, he created them male and female and there are more.
    John 5:39 - (Jesus) You search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    = word of life.

That which they handled, looked upon etc.

Titus 1:2 - Likes of the scriptures following, word of life shown in the OT, in various ways, aligning to the following;
    in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began,

It was always going to be manifested through the future one, where God would give and raise him in words of Spirit and life, words of eternal life, giving him life in himself, like Yehowwah in John 1:4, John 6:63,68, John 5:26.

Jesus with ref to the OT scriptures, is NOT agreeing with you.

I also notice you wrongfully left out the word "that", from where it belongs, which is certainly Not referring to a him or he.

The reference to Jesus Christ in this passage, is of a different context to "that which" and in fact he is not directly in the "that which" as in literally, those scriptures were simply going to be fulfilled through him, yes the ones they were reading, the likes of;
    Mal 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith Yehowah of hosts.

Hence they were eagerly awaiting the appearance for the one out of the wilderness, John the Baptist, as soon after Jesus would come.

"(Colossians 1:13-16) He rescued us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of IN him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him.

(other) = you are GROSSLY tampering with the inspired scriptures and ADDING.

"Image" = The 1st Adam was also in the image of God, likewise the 2nd Adam, began in this same image.
    We know full well by the child like language of Luke's opener that he was NOT the literal firstborn of creation, therefore we have no option other than to say, that this is referring to the firstborn of God's creations, within himself, the hidden mystery, hid in God. Eph 3:9.
    All our creations Begin IN us.

"IN", the word in sets the stage as to the context as to which God created all things, alone and by himself Isa 44:24, it was because of the future one in mind, that God created through him.
    For this reason, the Jesus to be (in him), God created all things.
    dia: through, on account of, because of
    Original Word: διά
    Part of Speech: Preposition
    Transliteration: dia
    Phonetic Spelling: (dee-ah')
    Definition: through, on account of, because of
    Usage: (a) gen: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of. -> For the future one to be.

Isa 44:24 - Thus saith Yehowah, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I Yehowah that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
    (Zero master worker in there).
    Psa 33:6,9 - By the word of Yehowah were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
    For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

If you want to insist on Jesus being the Word, then John 1:3 DEMANDS that you show Jesus as haven spoken creation into being, just as Gen shows us.
    You cannot, therefore, you have to remove him from John 1:1,2 as well, as the scriptures as clearly shown here, demand this.

I am still waiting for a verse showing, that pre the cross, Jesus says, I go BACK to the Father.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.