cobber321 - you have a rather dismal view of the world!? For me...

1. 17,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    cobber321 - you have a rather dismal view of the world!? For me it's still a half-cup full.

Found out yesterday, that one of my husband's master works - a complete and beautiful renovation of a home, most additions built by him, brickwork, form work, staircases all by himself - has been destroyed and replaced by another home, block subdivided etc. - luckily he's been dead these 25 years, but my and my children's memories are gone. I woke up this morning and thought: yes, that's progress, it's inevitable, it's sometimes painful, but someone made a great gain out of this, incidentally we/I also made some gains. But the framework to our memories is gone, only photos remaining.

This is almost an exact simile to what we are talking about here, it is the fate of each generation, that the next generation always starts afresh - hopefully with new ideas and more flexibility.

I look at their fresh faces, their fit bodies (not all, admittedly), their slightly tempered optimism (because we are leaving them a very insecure world), but also their minds, untrammeled by old models of thinking and believe they will solve the problems we are leaving them with, at least halfway.
    Cheers
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.