Society is confused and confusing. I still use a bit of makeup,...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Society is confused and confusing. I still use a bit of makeup, certainly wouldn't want to be without lipstick - that alone would be enough - I have never seriously considered lipstick as a come-on device, just a necessary bit of gear for a woman. Most of my makeup fits into two plastic caps from spray tins - always has, I used less when I was young. I have never used the full skin etc. makeup, but realise how effective it can be, but I find it disgusting and most likely unhealthy and hideously expensive.

IN favour of makeup: society expects women to look a certain way. Girls: Try a job interview without the full war paint.

Why are some women confused? BECAUSE of traditions going back a few centuries - check out the fashions, hairstyles, makeup of former times - woman have always tried to improve on their looks, make them more sexy etc. - as a result

there are huge industries dependent on women - and now also men - to purchase their never-ending and inventive products, be they the latest fashion, the latest way of applying make-up which necessitates purchase of a whole battery of creams and potions, all essentially doing the same job, at least they don't contain lead anymore as in the days of the First Queen Elizabeth.

Or what about hairstyles which need refreshing by a professional every week or every two weeks with expensive 'product' lavished on them; new hair colours which are often hideous, tattoos which are expensive and mostly hideous too; fashions which often do not beautify, but are meant to be sexy, or made from expensive materials. Yesterday I saw on a show called something like 'billionaires' fashions' a pair of lace-up sports shoes for men costing $20000 made from a variety of rare and expensive snake, crocodile, ostrich, even stingray skins. The film industry with its never-ending romance movies . . . . . The music industry . . . . .

We are sexual beings, whether we like it or not and somehow we will come to some new contract, agreement with the opposite sex, or same sex, as the case may be; things are very much in flux at the moment, or so it seems to me; it will be interesting to see what the effect of a new culture into the West which again oppresses women and suppresses, modifies and channels sex will do.

I view all this artifice and also the dishonesty between the sexes, with its resultant lower birth rates as rather a good thing.
    In the olden days a man of some means had a wife, but also often had a mistress his wife knew nothing about, no doubt, some wives did the same without their husband's knowledge and there was an abundance of children.

The world can no longer afford too many children since our population has already grown almost beyond carrying capacity of the planet; hence sex as entertainment, as a plaything is probably a good thing.

I can't comment on what happened to you Pinto, you must be devilishly attractive, congrats. ;-)

The song quoted by Simgrund is so telling of our times and I won't go into personal stuff, this is just observation of the world around me.

I am also confused and sometimes a little sad, because of personal experiences, but primarily, because I find that we are losing something very precious, namely a sense of playful interaction with the opposite sex, a sense of delicacy and humour which can be the saving grace in many a 'situation'!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.