AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Poet PlusThanks for the advice on flotation plants, I obviously...

1. 262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 347
    Poet Plus
    Thanks for the advice on flotation plants, I obviously have a lot still to learn about the production side of things.
    As promised I have had a look at the western targets that are soon to be drilled. All the information that I can find is dated around 2005/06 and is most likely known to all the long term AVB'ers as it is in the SEDAR website. For those newer shareholders here are some extracts from Novicourts MD&A & news updates.
    9/11/05
    The immediate priorities are the Nova Esperança magnetic anomaly on the west side of the of the JV area and the Sao Jorge target located 3km south of the latter. Anomalous geochemistry and two zones of intense Fe-Na-Ca alteration have been identified at the Nova Esperança target. A broad copper-gold soil anomaly, with up to 2,240 ppm copper has been detected at Sao Jorge, coincident with a 1.8 km long magnetic feature.

10/03/06
    This is a News report which details drilling results at the time. It is too lenghty to copy so it is best to go to the SEDAR website and print it yourself for those that are intersted. I have atttached this plan identifying the targets that will most likely be the first priority targets in AVB's drilling. Nova Esperenca and Sao Jorge are the anomolies that show regularly on AVB plans to the west of Pedra B.

28/03/06
    Exploration activities on the Canaã dos Carajás joint venture with Falconbridge in Brazil (see press releases dated March 10, 2006, June 1, 2005 and November 22, 2005) advanced during the fourth quarter with the initiation of the Phase I drilling program on three targets within the Nova Esperança property.
    Based on the results of the Phase I VTEM geophysical surveys located within the Nova Esperança claim block, three priority targets having anomalous VTEM, magnetic and geochemical expressions were selected for drilling. Drilling commenced in early November utilizing two drill rigs, and the program was completed during January following a seasonal break in December. Nine shallow holes totaling approximately 2,300 metres were drilled over three initial priority targets. The three priority targets at Nova Esperança, moving across the property from west to east, are named União, São Jorge and Nova Esperança. Each of São Jorge and Nova Esperança were tested by four holes while
    União was tested by a single hole. Encouraging copper/gold mineralization was encountered at São Jorge.

11/05/06
    During the quarter, additional VTEM helicopter surveying totaling 2,393 line kilometers was completed over three additional concession blocks named Goiaba, Marques and Canada. Preliminary interpretation has identified a total of 9 potential VTEM anomalies.

8/08/06
    As reported previously, VTEM helicopter surveying totaling 2,393 line kilometers was completed over three additional concession blocks named Goiaba, Marques and Canada. Preliminary interpretation has identified a total of 9 potential anomalies. During the quarter soil geochemistry (200x 25m) and geological reconnaissance were completed over 3 VTEM anomalies on the Marques target. Some IOCG-type alteration patterns were detected but no significant Cu assay results were returned from 104 soil samples.

In a previous post I had attached a plan that showed the location of the anaomalies that have been named above so either refer to that , or better still, download the Novicourt technical report which can be found on SEDAR. It is the dated 16 August 2006. There are a couple of reports dated then so select the 4213K PDF.

The tecnical report shows that there has been a mountain of exploratory work done in the past so this should help AVB hone in on the best prospects. There are at least 4 drill ready targets to pursue so here's hoping that there are a few more PB's yet to be discovered.

Good Luck to all and bring on that next drill result

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.