Hi squidgy......Love your '...... but our pollies need...

1. 4,821 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 825
    Hi squidgy......

Love your '...... but our pollies need direction' With due respect squidgy ...I see a budding 'comedy writer' here

I am fully aware that without rain .......etc. But what do we do with it when it does rain????????

Water... some thing that living creatures cannot do without - even for a short time.. Much rain falls in Australia (I have heard but no proof we get more rain than a lot of Countries !! That seems strange ) ----------and goes down drains rivers and out to sea.... ??? Goodbye to a precious resource --------------------------------!!!

I believe there are Govt regulations (Local State ?? ) that will not allow graziers farmers to build small dams on their properties !! I have not seen paper evidence of this but know a number of such people that to me confirms such. Happy to be corrected here.

Why not many many many small dams to supplement the major ones.

I believe we have not built one dam for near 40 years. There was one to be built in the Hunter Region - The Govt bought the land ... but but but but but !!! It did not go ahead. Why? Not quite sure .... !!

Yet Oz population in that time (40 years) has more that doubled .

I also believe the United Nations (could be wrong on the name or/not correct if it be a part of that identity) may not allow the Warragamba dam wall to be to be raised ..... may damage something (not sure what!!!) up stream Yet Sydney's population has more that doubled. Crazy!! Me thinks so .... Who runs our country,. The over paid 'bureau rats' of an institution who does what !!! Most (not all) probably have never experienced an ounce of hardship -- nor understand forward planning for things such as 'needs for water'

I have always been a believer in the practical aspect ----- "the best time to collect/save/gather/keep/etc is when the resource is plentiful" And plan to do that so as when it is plentiful you have the best chance to at least help when it becomes scarce. No bl..dy point in trying to gather it when it ain't there.. But that to me is common sense. No Uni degrees there!

Queensland --- the recent huge floods(sad to see the devastation) .... where did all the water go ??? Are there any areas there that could have captured some of the rain run off ?? I have no idea but have never heard of anyone in power mention that aspect?????

Also most places to build dams become the political football of 'Greens' " Environmentalists' The endangered frog syndrome .... Geez I thought most frogs would kill for water !! Yes we must protect but my theory is that if we humans are not placed in a position of survival then we cannot help others. (Its a long story ...could go on for yonks). No one likes change - or seen to be damage to any environment. Look back at many major dams that were built - the protests then ??? -- But look at the benefits NOW. Anyone that protested then... what are your thoughts now.?

To build a new dam. Havent heard of any pollie - public servant etc out and about looking for sites. That's possibly 'forward planning' Me thinks Has anybody heard !!! -----Seems to me the pollies think ... 'Too hard basket' 'Too many protests' 'May upset too many of our urban voters' ' Stuff the bush' ----- lets focus on the more minor pressing items etc etc etc

Squidgy I could go on and on. Time running out for me. But may come back to this - and Electricity (oops another hot potato !!!) later. Keep safe

The Phantom GWW

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.