slightly inaccurate but yes I am aware of this. However my...

1. 18,024 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    slightly inaccurate but yes I am aware of this. However my response was to a comment that the UK and US sold out the Palestinians and that it was Palestinian land

it wasn’t Palestinian land however, though they were in the majority

there were multiple acts of resistance and terrorism against the British and between the British and the Arabs/Palestinians

during 1935 to 1939 there was a sustained period of revolt by the Arabs and there were retaliatory skirmishes between Jews and Arabs from 1920 after two Jews were killed by some Arabs. Arabs were hardly quiet in the matter either. Just different and didn’t use the tactic of what became illegal immigration

British opinion on the matter kept changing and obviously neither the Jews nor the Arabs were happy with the different policies. It is precisely because the Brits could see what was coming that they abstained from the UN resolution.

but without a doubt Jews drive to settle in Israel caused a problem during the mandate

In there is no doubt that the movement of Jews out of Europe during the build up to the Holocaust when persecution was ramped up across Europe has a lot to do with this problem we see now and with Britain's indecision

so I ask you as I asked before where were the Jews meant to go - stay and add to the numbers or do what millions of Africans and Arabs / Muslims and other persecuted people are doing now - fleeing to where ever they think they can find a home

my own view has always been that Zionism was bound to create a problem and that part of the challenge for Jews was that they were not terrifically welcome in most countries. I can tell you many stories from friends and family. Even children could not always find safe haven.

so had the rest of the world been more welcoming things might have been different maybe. Had antisemitism not have been a regular part of many Jews lives it might have been different too.

my view is and despite my recording facts to the best of my ability trying to battle things out on the basis of history serves no useful purpose any more. What we have is a level of hate and violence that is ugly and pointless. We have two populations who need a home and something needs to bring both of them to their senses.

let’s see if the collective wisdom of the world ( now that is funny ) can solve it or we can expect to see more violence and hate

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.