the worlds greatest treasurer, page-2

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Looking around at the immense amount of development which has taken place in many places over the past couple of decades, especially in retail, and knowing what it must have cost to build these malls etc...then looking at the number of people using these facilities...I have wondered for a long time who paid for these developments.

The number of customers and/or people using these facilities does not seem to me to be enough to recoup the initial cost. Either more people would be required or the charges/prices would need to be very high. Now it looks like my thoughts might be correct on both counts. High profit margins have been used to try to generate a return on the initial investment and that apparently worked when times were good. But thats all over now and there is not enough return being generated to keep things ticking over.

In other words there has been too much development and now there is not enough financial support for it to all remain economically viable. I am trying to be very general here so I hope readers understand what I am tring to say. Basically an unknown proportion of both new and established enterprises are going to fall in a heap because supply is exceeding demand.

Dave R.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.