'the worst is yet to come' americans ..., page-2

1. 6,351 Posts.
    "The end of rampant consumerism is ultimately a good thing, he says, but the unraveling of an economy built on debt-fueled spending will be painful for years to come"

Bit like the stock market going down for 18 months.... but the pain happens in the following 18 months.....or longer...

I think america's little relly australbritsamasia (daughter of old brit)...lacks a bit of confidence, ability to stand alone, following america's gross consumer ways, I mean our little man of steel was massaging the calves and licking the boots of Uncle George (Uncle Sam's embarrasing son) and George really stepped in the bulldust...... but Uncle Scam has the strength if Oz gets into any unwanted scraps.... then again, maybe the man from Uncle got us into some unnecessary scraps, maybe we are feeding off america's scraps.... oh well, if we marry some to the north, will they look after us any better? will they molest our future offspring like the wicked Uncles do? will they lead us in building some other not so great walls, some different style towers... or will they be kind and help us build a water canal, pipeline... they've shown they can do those things well and they even last to... amazing, isn't it?

Whatever, as a friend of the bride I hope she marries well.... crikey, she's had a few tries.... I hope she doesn't end end up as a poor peasant's battered wife in a poor countryside of a country getting poorer.... I think some in those locales might just do it a bit tough.....nah, she'll be right... won't she?.... the world is Mother Brit's daughter's (Uncle molesting Sam's relly too).... who will we now hop into bed with?...

Keating, Rudd see us maried economically, maybe partly allied strategically, tolerating? tied to? asia?? still holding onto the lords' garments pathetically? still listening to Uncle Sam who "doesn't even live around here in australasia"....

Might just hedge my bets.... not sure the clocks are made as well as some of those old European ones worth collecting....and it would be nice to get a nice collectable European timekeeping masterpiece for a wedding present.....
    Marriages and relationships change over time, come and go, yesterday's japcrap is today's quality seiko.....look Uncle George'll tell you... if the northern hordes get liberated and democratized, pulled into line.... they might be able to make a quality, economic, stylish car, economically.... like the US (cough cough....), gross consumerism will accelerate exponentially, we'll get lots of good gifts....

As long as Uncle Sam can have his way in giving away the bride, arranging the marriage... he's changed from his molesting ways, er, apparently.... things will change for the better, you wait and see, good relations, marriages, relationships rely on having the means to good ends... depends on the mighty dollar and economic recovery.... "In THIS god we trust"... crikey, even Uncle Sam and Uncle George could tell you that....

"Hey, doesn't that water usually flow the other way?...."

PS It's not all jibberish if you have the vision to read between the lines and see the gravity of the pending....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.