NRZ 0.00% 0.9¢ neurizer ltd

The writing was always on the wall

1. 671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 986

The writing was always on the wall for those who chose to read it.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3769/3769090-e9b2d656ad8b5a56c8343db17bdc0ad9.jpg
    The Gibson Island manufacturing operations will cease in Dec 2022, meaning Australia will import all of it's urea beyond 2022.

Australia's urea will now be at the mercy of cost escalation, as commodity price hikes, transport costs, exchange rates and import logistic problems dictate the price of food production in Australia.

The Gibson Island facility was never going to continue with Leigh Creek in operation. A sad day for the 170 employees at the company, I'm sure LCK will start recruiting some of the talent from up there, but at what point was IPL's decision to continue producing urea in Australia a good one? Only last year their Strategic Review came to the conclusion to keep the business.

@Idle Wanderer you were telling me last year that the Range Gas Project was going to solve all their problems. Any updates?

Perhaps they knew the Leigh Creek BFS was on it's way, and decided to take 'decisive action'. rolleyes.pngrolleyes.png

With global urea shortages, who knows how much urea Incitec Pivot will be able to import, @ A$30/t (at least to import) Leigh Creek will destroy them on price anyway. Good luck to IPL and their distribution if the product they are distributing is more expensive than their competitors. Who do you think will win in a price war, any idea @J L?cool.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.