XJO 1.39% 7,575.9 s&p/asx 200

the xjo lurkers to posters ratio - tuesday

1. 10,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    The XJO lurkers to posters ratio - Tuesday

Do you ever get the feeling your being watched?
    or even more creepy.....
    Do you ever get the feeling you are being read?

It may not be that obvious to some but.......strangers read the posts we post.

A quick google search and Wikipedia tells us that a "lurker" is a person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing, social networking site.

hmmmm..... I'd love to know what they look like. Another google search.....

Now look in the mirror and tell me what you see! Yep a lurker.

But why do lurkers exist? Why is it so popular to be a lurker? Another google search.....

(off topic - BiggDaddy, can I request the Zoomba staff have this as their new uniform?)

Wow, no wonder being a lurker is so popular. How popular do you ask?

Well, luckily I prepared (earlier) a quick analysis of last weeks posts on the XJO thread:

78 posters posted approximately 353 posts on the XJO thread last week (not including Zoomba).

10 of those posters posted 10 or more posts throughout the week.

So what does this have to do with lurkers? Well,

Number of views for the least viewed post by a poster was 1680 views.

Number of views for the most viewed post by a poster was 1803 views.

Taking into account re-reading of posts over and over again (as I do sometimes), halve the minimum views to 840. That right there is you Lurkers.

That works out to 10.8 lurkers per poster on the XJO thread. That’s way too many lurkers.

Can you imagine 11 lurkers (rounded up for obvious reasons) watching over you while driving, trading, investing? Geez the pressure.

So what can you do about it? (this is directed at you, yes you, just look at yourself:)

Click on the orange "post reply" button and give us your thoughts about the XJO (or any other market). You could have something valuable to post. But don't worry, if your post isn't good enough, El Capo will let you know ;P
    (i know from experience)

Below is the data for last week (may not be 100% accurate). So if your name is not on the list, you are a lurker and you are required to make a post today about the markets.

For those of you that don't fit this category, be careful how you read the XJO thread........ you might fall into another category

(especially when viewing pics of Mrs Pisces or Penny B Dreadfool on the XJO thread)

REMEMBER: you are required to make a post today about the markets and bring the lurkers to posters ratio down.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.