AIM 5.68% 41.5¢ ai-media technologies limited

Hi D,From what I can tell, Votorantim are taking the bulk of the...

1. 244 Posts.
    Hi D,

From what I can tell, Votorantim are taking the bulk of the con (1/3 so far) and as such will probably run it through a roast and then electrowin process. Much of the Zn in the world is produced this way. I also know the have worked on some bioleach research in this area - gets rid of SO2 emissions. The former uses quite a lot of energy to produce Zn metal.

However, ye old ISF process (Independent Smelting Furnace Technology - I think it may have been Rio's oriinal claim to fame as RTZ in Bristol!) was developed some time ago and uses a pyro method for Zn production. A lot of the old smelters use(d) this technology - I hav not done a search at this stage. The ore con requires sintering first, then reduction into metal can be performed. Quite simple and cheaper from an energy perspective. Still get the SO2 though. It uses only a Zn sulphide con.

My guess is that VM will probably blend roasted Zn cons (from ZnS as well as other cons uch as ZnSO4) from many mines to get their refinery feed grades up. The whole lot would be roasted and then electrowon.

What does this all mean?

I think it means that a 'traditional' Zn con (i.e. AIM) may have place at ANY Zn refinery (pyro or hydro). If you produce a silicate con or Iron rich Zn con, chances are you will have to follow the roast, electrowin flowsheet.

So, if this is the case, AIM may be able to flog this con to the highest bidder.

BUT...I have no doubt the 'Sundance Kid' probably went overboard and exagerrated the marketability of Perkoa's possible con characteristics.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
-0.025(5.68%)
Mkt cap ! $86.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 46.0¢ 41.0¢ $208.9K 481.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 128722 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.