CVN 0.00% 15.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

there goes the judge, page-30

1. 268 Posts.
    EL,
    Once I understand the issues with AOE I will contribute to the discussions. As far as my long term holdings please make no mistake its been as much luck as it has been knowledge.

However I look at exploration results and especially "management" very closely. By long term investing in talented management (with proven track records) I find these people are the reason for a companies success. They can make/create the company while automatically dealing the shareholder into the money.

I find the vast majority of companies on the ASX are little more than cash cows for directors, these directors in turn hold little respect for their shareholders. Its also very clear to me that most companies on the ASX are like hollow Jaffa's, they thrive & exist only on promise not content. Its become more like guessing and gambling rather than investment .... all of which is way too risky for my taste.

It is my belief that CVN will go the distance and build the company to a very decent size, it will then be sold to a bigger entity. Ted will always keep 100% control, and as he has said they will never merge. Once the company has significant value Ted will make sure (in any sale) that his shareholders are well rewarded for their patience. My expectation is this sale will be in the 6-8yr timeframe. That will make my investment in CVN a 13-15yr investment with an average buy price of around 0.028c.

AGO is another one that I got into cheap (0.30c) and hold long term because I can see the whole management exploration picture.

Any gold stock I buy will be an "in and out" proposition because I know that sustainability of gold pricing over the med/long term is not feasible. I don't have any targets atm as energy stocks are my main concentration.

Turnbull is a very interesting candidate and shows much promise. I believe he jumped the gun, he should have waited a little longer until the inevitable fall from grace of Rudd before putting his name forward. History shows the first term is not favorable to opposition leaders no matter how good they are. Turnbull may have to leave before having another shot at PM at a latter stage. Of course with any luck the people who voted Labor will realize their bungle and we will only get a one term government, but I doubt most Australians are that smart. We are becoming more and more like Americans which is a very sad state of affairs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $277.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 15.0¢ $265.5K 1.746M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 66750 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 2227430 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.