There is no energy 'crisis', there is a crisis of common sense., page-36

1. 86,143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "Did we make the government or did the government make us ??"

don't know ----------- also don't know if the debate would be worthwhile

what I do know is this. Yesterday I was in a discussion, with a couple - 1X Aussie and 1X English, both live in England and both visit family in Oz - pretty much on an annual basis from what I gather. They now own a boat in France so, will be spending time here - next year after their Oz tour in a couple of months - they will probably go for a longer visa than the standard 3 months -

and an American friend who has been coming to France for about 15 years and is now firmly glued here permanently -

he's very switched on and he was saying that he's always been, entrepreneurial. He says that it took him quite a while to understand France and as long to accept the difference - but, now, he far prefers France.
    He says that the French government exists to look after it's citizens, not business. And, - it just works, it's that simple. Lifestyle in France - well, it is very difficult to beat - they work to live and, they live very very well. One doesn't make money in France like one makes in America - one just gets on with living like Americans want to live, when they get money.

People come to France - and, simply, would like to stay.

Me, I fell pretty much in love with the place instantly. I have very little interest in Paris and no interest in the South West - but, much of the rest of it -------- indeed, much of the north - wow.

Interestingly, people rave about the South of France - well, maybe when the winters were cold, but, the north - thanks, that will do me very much. And, the way of government and the national culture is a LOT to do with it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.