"Did we make the government or did the government make us ??"...

1. 87,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "Did we make the government or did the government make us ??"

don't know ----------- also don't know if the debate would be worthwhile

what I do know is this. Yesterday I was in a discussion, with a couple - 1X Aussie and 1X English, both live in England and both visit family in Oz - pretty much on an annual basis from what I gather. They now own a boat in France so, will be spending time here - next year after their Oz tour in a couple of months - they will probably go for a longer visa than the standard 3 months -

and an American friend who has been coming to France for about 15 years and is now firmly glued here permanently -

he's very switched on and he was saying that he's always been, entrepreneurial. He says that it took him quite a while to understand France and as long to accept the difference - but, now, he far prefers France.
    He says that the French government exists to look after it's citizens, not business. And, - it just works, it's that simple. Lifestyle in France - well, it is very difficult to beat - they work to live and, they live very very well. One doesn't make money in France like one makes in America - one just gets on with living like Americans want to live, when they get money.

People come to France - and, simply, would like to stay.

Me, I fell pretty much in love with the place instantly. I have very little interest in Paris and no interest in the South West - but, much of the rest of it -------- indeed, much of the north - wow.

Interestingly, people rave about the South of France - well, maybe when the winters were cold, but, the north - thanks, that will do me very much. And, the way of government and the national culture is a LOT to do with it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.