VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

there is no other option

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Did readers watch the IV with MTU CEO? Main points:
    The VOC/MTUmerger is far better/more complimentary for MTU than their attempt to takeover iiNet. He sounded relieved the iiNet deal had failed
    Said about 5x 'scale' is vital if telcos want to survive and grow.
    VOC merger brings lots of corporate business to MTU which the iiNet wouldn't have.
    Because the firms have different emphasis he feels that Sims will allow this deal but it is likely to be the last among the big 5. i.e. any further action will be big boys swallowing minnows and not deals between the big telcos.
    he fudged the query re a price war. To me that means he accepts it is inevitable.
    Said the NBN has made telco environment a 'level playing field' and telstra is the loser. Said TLS has lost its prev advantage whereby smaller players had to rent from TLS.

So its clear they raced this deal through knowing it was last chance to form a 3billion company with decent size retail and corporate business. HAD MTU or VOC swallowed another smaller player eg Macquarie... then this merger could/would have not satisfied monopoly commission rules.

Undoubtedly TLS, Optus and now TPG will feel competition intensify. Nobody in their analysis mentions Vodaphone. Who knows what will happen there. They have monster debt and could slowly sink under the waves??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.