there is no shortage of land, page-10

1. 616 Posts.
    Actually Apprentice, I wasn't really talking about Adelaide or Perth. I have only been to Adelaide twice in my life, never to Perth, so can't really comment on those cities.

Sydney, where I grew up, does have some good things about it. Unfortunately planning is non-existent or minimal and there are just too many people living in the basin. When you throw in Wollongong, Central Coast and Newcastle the population is over six million. More than a quarter of the country's population in a small area will always have problems.

I get your point about the migration of younger people but also some that do move quite often come back or to another area that is more to their liking. Some of the bigger towns are growing quite quickly in NSW although the feeder towns for these places are dying off. Some people want to stay in the country area but with a city feel with lots of services. eg. Wagga, Orange, Albury, Bathurst, Coffs Harbour etc. It all comes down to employment and lifestyle I guess. The cost of living will naturally force some out of the city area or they will remain poor trying to stay there.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.