For once - I half agree with Morrison -------- only half "“If we...

1. 81,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    For once - I half agree with Morrison -------- only half

"“If we were to lift the borders and people come, then you would see those cases increase and Australians would have to become used to dealing with 1,000 cases a week or more,’’ Mr Morrison said."

yep - I agree - indeed with a population mostly in say 5 centres and a nat. pop. of 25 million -

I would suggest that 1000 new cases a day would be hopeful - I'd go closer to 3000 a day.

but - that's a detail.

I think Oz could easily open the borders to Aussies who are out and want to come back - that's not too difficult -

use the remote camp idea - some are already built - if you need more - they are easy and quick to build - we owe it to Australians to look after our own.

As far as Aussies wanting to go out goes ------------ I think we could do that -

but, set something like these rules ----

please consider not travelling out atm - but, if you do - these are the rules

you can't go without being vaccinated
    you cannot come back without being tested before boarding in the foreign country
    when you get back in you WILL be quarantined at YOUR expense for 14 days in a remote location
    you must test clean before leaving quarantine

to me - that can be done - it can be done safely - it does NOT take away from the basic freedom of being allowed to leave - but, yes - it does make the person responsible for their personal decisions

IMO - the conditions would pull up most for considering an annual holiday - so, I think the numbers would be easy to manage in the remote locations

As far as foreign tourists go ----------- well - I think it's probably easier to say no atm

as overseas people become more vaccinated and locations become clean - well - sure ---------- but, they enter with the same conditions - vaccinated or not - yes, test - come in - quarantine in remote - test again - then - fine - come have fun

if the tourist industry can make that work - good luck

(I couldn't)

but, that's the deal
    Last edited by pintohoo: 15/04/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.