NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

there might be morevalue close to the surface

1. 4,293 Posts.

DMR concedes constraints impeded MPRDA
    Liesl Peyper | Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:42

The Centre for Environmental Rights (CER), a non-profit organisation that represents communities and civil society organisations, believes the Amendment Bill poses another dilemma: it would vest too much power in the DMR with regard to environmental management issues, while the DMR neither has sufficient capacity nor the necessary expertise to implement mine environmental management requirements.

In terms of the MPRDA Amendment Bill, there would be alignment with the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA) when a decision has to be made about the granting of mining licences.

This means all environmental authorisations for mining and prospecting would lie with the DMR, while the Minister of Environmental Affairs, Edna Molewa, will hear appeals against these authorisations." continues

and later...
    "According to André Andreas, policy director at the DMR, they are considering a “300 day-model” for the consideration of mining and prospecting licences.

“We’re aligning the granting of a mining right with the same period it takes for Water Affairs to issue a water licence. Some of the current right holders are compliant with the MPRDA, but they continue to mine without a water use licence. You can’t be in compliance with one piece of legislation, but not with another.” continues

http://www.miningmx.com/page/news/markets/1632241-DMR-concedes-constraints-impeded-MPRDA#.Ufyal6zYzBs
    Pictures work better than words...
    I am going off on a tanjent a bit but this video was of interest re large open pit mining, with long mine life and possible impacts, about 1000km away from Steelpoort..and NKWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QKsgRcmD8

Ok ...amount of minerals in the ground create sp value and a long mine life ....
    BUT some mines are getting to deep levels ie( Purple Mountains) and shallow juniors might look more worthwhile soon?

Water Licences or lack there of are reported as a SA mining issue...although I remember an article stating that nearby Smokey Hills project(PLA) had theirs...thats a good local sign,imo.

and Zijin has experience with water issues, I believe, and should be super sensative to those pitfalls.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.